Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn good deal lol !!!!

this thread will end up being as long as that one offtopic thread before the chat was made haha

Comment

It's going to be longer.
      I'm not done with the box yet. And then I'll have to wait for the two Kv2's a few more months (read 6).

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
        It's going to be longer.
        I'm not done with the box yet. And then I'll have to wait for the two Kv2's a few more months (read 6).

6 months?! why? i thought they were hoping to ship the beginning of july?

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
          6 months?! why? i thought they were hoping to ship the beginning of july?
          keyword: hoping
          I was hoping to get my second 12K in mid February. May is almost over now.

Comment

I finally got the whole thing together today. The box barely fits, I'll also have to raise my 6x9's a little, cuz the box won't slide all the way back.

The biggest problem is that my amp doesn't work when Rtotal is 1ohm.
            I konnekted each speaker's voice coils in parallel, and then connected the two speakers in parallel. I verified this 2-3 times. I also used an ohm meter to see if the resistance at the speaker terminal is 1 ohm - it is. I tested each speaker separately and it's banging pretty nicely. This box seems to work well for a single sub also. Anyway.. When the two speakers are hooked up, the amp is ON, there are no protection lights or anything like that and the music plays but the bass is soooo quiet, I can barely hear it. Even when gains and everything is to the MAX.

What is up?
            Last edited by Intruder; 05-27-2004, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Are your subs out of phase?
              01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

How can they be out of phase? All (+) are connected to all (+) and all (-) are connected to all (-).

Comment

Are the subs moving alot? or are they barely moving? What amp are you using again?

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

I didn't check to see if they're moving a lot.... That will tell me if they're out of phase I know.

The amp is a Tsunami db1100. 1100W RMS @ 1 ohm.

Comment

I don't know man. Most amps, even if they're not rated to run at one ohm, will run for a while before they blow up. They work seperately connected to the amp at 2 ohms?

Comment

Originally posted by TayTay
                        They work seperately connected to the amp at 2 ohms?
                        They do. And sound pretty good. Even though the box is for two subs.

Comment

sounds like they are out of phase. if they pound great by themselves, but when together they don't, it's either out of phase, or somehow you wired them in series by accident, which doesn't seem to be the case here. if the subs are moving like crazy, but it's quiet, then reverse the polarity of one of the subs

Comment

Subs weren't moving a lot.
                            I tried reversing the polarity on one of them and it all works fine now.
                            Stupid subwoofers. I hate this stuff. When you buy two identical subs you expect them to be identical.

Anyway, my car started to rattle. Now I really have to put dynamat under the license plate, and the rear deck started rattling too.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                              Anyway, my car started to rattle. Now I really have to put dynamat under the license plate, and the rear deck started rattling too.
                              At least that means it's doing what it's supposed to.

Comment

Got a couple of pics.

Don't mind the camouflage look. I ****ing hate this piece of **** paint. I can't get it to dry properly. Next box will be carpeted.

The two CCFLs will be taken out. The light coming from them is not visible unless you look into the port. Grrr...

Comment

Working...
                                X