No announcement yet.

Illegal In Dash Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I was told is that if it's only displaying stuff like the CD track or song name or something, then it's ok, but if you have a music visualization or a movie or even a screensaver, it's illegal. What I wonder is where does a navigation system fit in to this?

Comment

navigation does fit into it in a way..... it only moves and stuff when your are stopped... most of hte time it will actually go black while your moving and it will speak to you over your speakers for directions.... thats the way it is with most lexus and bmw navigation systems that Ive heard about....

Comment

Hmm, I was planning on building a custom navigation system sometime later, and mine sure as hell won't shut off while I'm moving unless I tell it to... oh well, I guess tinted windows and a monitor that folds into the dash will take care of cops.

Comment

The bad thing about even the ones that go in the back is that it distracts other drivers. I was driving to my brother's house a couple of weeks and found myself looking in to a Chevy Tahoe trying to see what cartoon their kids were watching. I was thinking if someone slammed on brakes in front of me, I would not have reacted in time.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

yae but you cant get tickets for them they arent facing THE driver... maybe other drivers but oh well but I agree that it is distracting.... but oh well

Comment

You're not supposed to use Nav while you're driving. The mazda dealer told that to my friend who has Nav in his RX8.

It's also a disclaimer on some of the commercials showing the navigation.

assylum - you should have gotten a ticket for watching that DMB dvd. They suck hard enough to warrant jailtime
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
              X