Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JProtege
    why is that?

the 80w amp is 40x2 rms and i was goin to run them to the 6.5" i have in the rear.

reason being is that my 5.25" in the front are pieces of crap compared to the ones in the back.

look up the model numbers of my speakers and see for yourself.
    you want better speakers up front, cause thats where the best sound comes from since your front speakers are so crappy, run your amp to the rears now, but plan on upgrading them and run the amp to new speakers after you get them. i used to run a sweet set of 6x9's in my rear deck off an amp, and i had stock fronts off the HU. it wasn't till i decided to not be so cheap and got a set of components up front that i realized what i was missing also, figure the difference between running 12 feet of 8 guage power wire compared to 4 guage is under $7. that's one good drink, or 2 good beers so let's prioritize here, and wire it right and later on, if you want a decent set of components, but for a good price, i would highly suggest the power acoustik premium components. i've got a set of the 6.5's in my rear doors, just cause i'm cheap, and they actually sound very nice, especially since i only paid $50 for them but $60 from thezeb for the 5.25's isn't a bad deal:
    The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

Comment

Just run a single 4 gauge wire to the back to a distribution block and then you can run two 8 gauge wires, one to each amp. Have the inline fuse near battery though, and have 8 gauge wire grounds for each amp. That is how I did my two amps, except there is a "useless" 1.5 farad stiffening cap in the equation, but you don't need that.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
        why is that?

the 80w amp is 40x2 rms and i was goin to run them to the 6.5" i have in the rear.

reason being is that my 5.25" in the front are pieces of crap compared to the ones in the back.

look up the model numbers of my speakers and see for yourself.
        The best way to put this is to imagine yourself at a concert. You don't have your back to the stage do you? All of the sound comes from the front. The rear is just for rear fill only. In my car, I don't even have rear speakers running. It's all up front. If I did decide to put a pair of 6x9's in the rear deck, I would power it with the head unit, so that the sound isn't taken away from the front soundstage. I used to have amplified speakers in the back and no speakers in the front in my first ride. What the hell was I thinking??? I am sure the passengers in the back liked it, except they couldn't hear what we were saying about them in the front! :p:

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
          you want better speakers up front, cause thats where the best sound comes from since your front speakers are so crappy, run your amp to the rears now, but plan on upgrading them and run the amp to new speakers after you get them. i used to run a sweet set of 6x9's in my rear deck off an amp, and i had stock fronts off the HU. it wasn't till i decided to not be so cheap and got a set of components up front that i realized what i was missing also, figure the difference between running 12 feet of 8 guage power wire compared to 4 guage is under $7. that's one good drink, or 2 good beers so let's prioritize here, and wire it right and later on, if you want a decent set of components, but for a good price, i would highly suggest the power acoustik premium components. i've got a set of the 6.5's in my rear doors, just cause i'm cheap, and they actually sound very nice, especially since i only paid $50 for them but $60 from thezeb for the 5.25's isn't a bad deal:
          http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/power..._speakers.html
          Just don't do what Blue does and get slamming drunk and run all of your power wires to your amps without grounding them first and fry them all LOL only kidding blue, but spoken like a true soon to be drunk!

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
          X