low power HU?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low power HU?!

this was posted over on carsound, and i thought you guys might like it. rockford posting 10 watts per channel off their HU's. this is a good arguement as to why you need to amp components

I love how some companies say built in 200 watt amp when it is 50x4 MAX!! Custom Car Stereo here in Chas. did a gimmick offering a free amp with a CD Player purchase when it was tricky advertising, meaning the amp that was built in to the CD player. They are AKA Custom Crooks!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
      I love how some companies say built in 200 watt amp when it is 50x4 MAX!! Custom Car Stereo here in Chas. did a gimmick offering a free amp with a CD Player purchase when it was tricky advertising, meaning the amp that was built in to the CD player. They are AKA Custom Crooks!

now that is messed up. granted i knew on average 15 watts is about right for a HU, but 10 watts? the stock mazda HU probably puts that out now there is something to be said about the higher powered alpines, IF you don't plan on ever using amps

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        now there is something to be said about the higher powered alpines, IF you don't plan on ever using amps

yum, yum...

Comment

Wow that makes me sad. My pioneer is probably putting out like 3W
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
          X