Damn, gotta redo my amp rack again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redfox
    wouldnt it be the same if you ground the batcap on the chassis, and have a wire from the battery - to the chassis? or would that just kill your battery?
    The battery (its negative terminal) is already connected to the chassis.

Mike, run the 4 gauge wire under the carpet. Don't fool around with the sills. That's what I did and you can't tell that it's there.

Comment

it the battery is already connected to the chassis then why would you need to run a cable to the - terminal?
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Because the chassis has higher resistance and therefore less current can flow through it - it's a bottleneck.

Comment

oh ok i c

More Information

Comment

so any good news?

Comment

Dimming still persists...I even took one of the ED subs out so that the amp pushing it is running at 2 ohms versus 1 ohm and still the **** dims. I am so freakin' pissed off right now! I might as well have burned $130!! I don't know if it is defective or what. The guy I got it from on another forum had it for around 9 months and it sat for 1 1/2 months after taking it out. I emailed the company to ask for any suggestions and will keep you posted.
              Dimming is the same whether I am driving one or both subs. I'll try another site to ground it, but I don't think it will do any good.
              I'll keep you posted what I find out.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

damn dude that blows fat balls

More Information

Comment

I am still waiting to hear from the company. Some who own a batcap suggest running a ground to the battery while others are telling me that they would ground it like any other component. The guy I got it from used his car chassis as a ground versus running a wire to the negative terminal of the battery. Hopefully I will hear something from the batcap people. If I have to order more wires, then I will go through KnuKonceptz and have to spend more money on the dimming problem. I have spent a few hundred it seems already on just that alone!

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    The battery (its negative terminal) is already connected to the chassis.

Mike, run the 4 gauge wire under the carpet. Don't fool around with the sills. That's what I did and you can't tell that it's there.
                    Were you experiencing dimming before getting the batcap? I was reading under carsound.com and Richard Clark doesn't see the need to run a negative wire to the battery as suggested by Xstatic.

My question now is this:

Do batcaps even work or are they as useless as a stiffening capacitor?

Groundkit

Comment

I don't have a batcap, and my lights dim only when I really bump up the bass.
                      I was just recommending an easy way to run your wire, since that is what I did when I wired my Tsunami amp and it worked out really nice,

Comment

I am going to change the ground site and see what happens after work today and hopefully things will work out. I don't see having to run ground wires to the battery. That would be like doing so with an amp, and it just doesn't make any sense. I'll do that then wait until dark to try it out. Until then...

Groundkit

Comment

I did update my homepage again yesterday. Pics of the batcap there. The skinny black wire just holds it from moving around the trunk (in the pic).

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                            I am going to change the ground site and see what happens after work today and hopefully things will work out. I don't see having to run ground wires to the battery. That would be like doing so with an amp, and it just doesn't make any sense. I'll do that then wait until dark to try it out. Until then...
                            To me, it makes sense. If the batcap is like a regular battery, then it must charge like a regular battery, right? So, the better the connection to the main electrical system, the easier current can flow to the batcap and charge it. Iono, I'm not a pro on the subject of batcaps, but it seems logical...

Comment

Where the hell is our moderator?! :p:

Groundkit

Comment

it's sounding more and more like it's just a bad ground try messing around with that. if that doesn't work, then adding a 4 guage ground cable should help. let me know if you need some 4 guage i got terminals too.

Comment

Working...
                                X