Damn, gotta redo my amp rack again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue LEDz
    jnorion, you can mount them all seperate like that, just keep them close together. but if you want to mount them in a row, why not just get the long skinny case?
    Originality... I'm willing to bet not many people have them like that. Nothing to do with function.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      Originality... I'm willing to bet not many people have them like that. Nothing to do with function.

i'm willing to bet that no one else has them like that, or in the long skinny case. it's not very well known what is inside a batcap, let alone where to get them. batcap only offers them in the one standard case. the long skinny one is not sold anywhere for car audio applications. but you probably don't want them mounted so far away from your amp. you want it all as close as possible to keep everything as efficient as possible.

Comment

When are you (or is it your friend) going to make some?
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
          When are you (or is it your friend) going to make some?

if i order them with the leads, i don't have to assemble anyting for them. they come in the sealed container with the wire leads coming off it. at that point it would be a wise investment to get 2 distribution blocks and tie it in with those, and add an extra ground cable to the battery. i've got plenty of 4 guage cable and ring terminals. i'd run an extra 4 guage to the back, ground it out and attatch the ground cable to a dist. block to the same grounding point. then run a dist block that is 4 guage in and four 8 guage out. 2 of the outputs on each will go to your amps, and 1 will go to the batcap. and keep those wires as short as possible. then you have 1 extra input/output for the caps you already have, if you want to keep them hooked up.

figure $20 for 20 ft of 4 guage cable, $2 for a 4 pack of 4 guage ring terminals, some audio pipe dist blocks like this, or this, or this. and they should be around $30 shipped for the nicer ones. that puts you up around $150 for a brand new batcap 400, 4 guage ground cable, the terminals, and the dist blocks. it'll be just a little more than what you paid before, and i'll test the batcap to make sure it works before i send it to you

Comment

on a side note, you'd be better off using distribution blocks, cause the way you have the ring termials stacked on the batcap bolts can cause noticable voltage drops. between each terminal adds resistance. i didn't know it was that bad till one of the head judges i worked with told me about it. a lot of the SQ guys will use one grounding point, but 4 or 5 ring termials. he said the top one could have as bad as a 1.5 volt drop at it. he said for smaller wires it's better to use one big ring terminal and crimp/solder them all into 1.

Comment

Working...
            X