X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New System layout

Alright boys and Girls...
    Out with the old in with the new....

Basically im getting sponsored and getting my stuff at dealer cost now so its time to upgrade... and hte new line up is as follows

Alpine 9813 HU
    Diamond m3 6.5 components
    (2) R.E. SE 12" dual 4 ohm
    Arc Audio 2500 XXK Amp
    Arc Audio 2100 XXK Amp
    Custom Trunk
    Stinger Pro
    Optima Red Top

and thats how its going to look for the most part... painted silver... dont mind the brahma cone logos... i had to put something there and it was the only thing i could find from straight on..

The bad news is that Arc discontinued the CXL series... So I cant get the 2500 cxl to match... which means I have to sell my CXL 2100 to get the XXK 2100 to match my 2500 XXK.... anyone interested? its a channel 2x100 amp for 275 + shipping usually priced at ~510. nothing wrong with it.. ive had it for about a week and it was in my friends show car for 3 months before that... never abused and runs great and mucho better than my(now demon's) alpine amp.

i really like the setup it looks real nice
    i is dumb

Comment

What was the "old" anyway?

I might be interested in the amp. Ill let you know something soon.

However may I suggest Eclipse, Pioneer or Clarion for HU. I just replaced my Alpine 7893 with a Clarion DXZ835MP and couldnt be happier. Looks great, sounds great, the preouts arent overrated and its an excellent value (220.00 shipped). Just my opinion though.
      Brahma15 + Cadence Z7000 =

Comment

well i already have my alpine HU

the old is/was:

Alpine 9813
        Alpine Type R 5.25's
        Alpine Type R 6x9s's
        Alpine Type R 12"
        Alpine m500 amp
        Arc Audio 2100 CXL amp

Comment

Looks nice. Good luck with it all.

Comment

i think you'll DEFINATELY be happy, especially losing that extra amp weight ya got in the trunk with that m500 . it's a shame i don't have the dough for that amp as i'll need something to power up my surrounds with.. especially them type-r components . i think a custom enclosure like that will really sound nice and will round off your car very nicely.. can't wait to see it all come together.
            peace

Comment

That will look nice. How did you get sponsored?
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                Alright boys and Girls...
                Out with the old in with the new....

Basically im getting sponsored and getting my stuff at dealer cost now so its time to upgrade... and hte new line up is as follows

now are you paying dealer cost, or are you getting dealer accomidation cost? there is a big difference with some companies. shops will sponsor people by giving them "dealer cost" on equipment, but most of the time they get that equipment through dealer accomidations, which cannot be sold at retail prices. many dealer accomidations will have you pay 30% of the retail price typically it's between 30-40%. if you are paying 50% or more, it's just dealer cost for purchasing the equipment to sell to a customer. see how they are giving you equipment if it's cost, ask if arc does accomidations.

that's sweet that you are getting a deal either way. who's building and fiberglassing it? why not paint it to match your car?

Comment

see i wasnt sure what it was called so thats why i said "basically im getting sponsored" basicaly im getting it at dealer cost adnthen paying that plus the shipping...

as for the glassing, my friend brock and I are going to be doing it... he built his show car by himself and isnt very artistic so we figured someone who knows glassing and someone whos artistic owuld create something bad ass looking... reason im not painting it the same color as my car is because later down the line I want to paint my car silver.

Comment

see i wasnt sure what it was called so thats why i said "basically im getting sponsored" basicaly im getting it at dealer cost adnthen paying that plus the shipping...

as for the glassing, my friend brock and I are going to be doing it... he built his show car by himself and isnt very artistic so we figured someone who knows glassing and someone whos artistic owuld create something bad ass looking... reason im not painting it the same color as my car is because later down the line I want to paint my car silver.

where's it being shipped from? the manufacturer? that's good that you got someone that knows what he's doing for the fiberglass.

Comment

yes from the manufacturer... are you saying that i dont know how to glass?

Comment

yes from the manufacturer... are you saying that i dont know how to glass?

i just know how big a pain in the ass it is i'd rather have someone else do it, as long as they know what they are doing

Comment

lol yea i dont know enough about it do the entire trunk... basically im gonna help tape everything off, tell him that he missed a spot and hand him another beer.. and hten sand a **** load... thats my job

Comment

yeah fiberglassing is a real bia..

But damn good your getting sponsered. I think I am going to turn my protege into a more track car though. You know , the honda smoker. lol.

keep it up bro, that's great.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                            X