My new deck is in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new deck is in!

My brand new Pioneer P65000 went in today!

A few stats on it for you guys:
    -Plays DVD/SVCD/VCD/Mp3/CD/CD-R
    -Is XM satRadio ready, backup cam ready, navagtion ready
    -Has leads to hook up a tv in the back seat powered by this unit
    -Has leads to plug a gaming console, tv tuner into this screen
    -6.5 inch fully motorized flip out screen with angle control
    -Full digital EQ including pass filters, frequency control, and pratically control over ever aspect of your sound

I found this unit to be very user friendly and teh most capable unit for my $. It also has alot of features.

We all know that to make this legal a cable must be run to connect to your handbrake so that when your not parked, dvds wont play. I ran this cable for visual effect only, however I cut it halfway and spliced it into a switch which also grounds allowing me to flip the switch on and off, simulating the cars handbrake if I feel the need to watch while driving, or to show a cop that I cant play dvds while i'm driving.
    A demo movie can be found Here

Here are a few pictures I snagged:

My plans include pretty much everythign this unit is cabable of, one peice at a time. Xbox, rear tv, backup camera, navigtion, tv tuner, xm Radio :D :D

so so happy :D

any questions about the install?

-pat
    Visit My Garage

how much?

as for the hand brake, you can adjust it so that if you pull it up one click the DVD will play a cop made my friend pull up on the hand brake to prove it was hooked up. if he sees you flip a switch or something like that, he might hassle you.

Comment

I plan on coming up witha way to do thata s well, ever heard of a railroad switcdh? a few guys I know have them, it allows you to divert a wire onto a different circuit, back and forth, I still have the wire run and connected to teh handbrake, just cut at the moment.

I got it at ahrdcore price reduction I only paid 1500 total for it, and that included a 4 year over teh counter return policy warranty. So if this breaks in 3 years, I get a brand new one because this model will no longer exist. Pretty damn sweet. The install was simple, pioneer makes really straight forward equipment, it all went in easy as Pie.
      Visit My Garage

Comment

Sweet looking!! LCD screen?! You suck, I want one!!
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

1500 CAD? that's like $1100 USD. that is a good deal on that piece. um, in 3 years i can tell you how to "break" it no sense in buying a protection plan if you don't use it i worked at best buy, i know. i used the money they gave on my old sony HU (didn't have anything that met the specs, so i bitched till they gave me store credit) and bought a digital camera i took back my PS2, since it "wouldn't play all the new games". some of the stuff they send off and test, some of it they can't. the 2 sets of speakers, well i just wired them down to 1 ohm and hooked them to my sub amp not even half a second of test tones and they were all smoking. easiest way to kill a HU is to try and strip out the gear on the mechanism, or take three 9 volt batteries, hook them in series, and connect the ground to the ground wire on the HU, and just touch the positive coming off the batteries to various parts of the circuit board that you can see through the vent holes. keep touching things till something smokes. if they fix it and give it back to you, touch that same spot again. after the 3rd time they have to give you a new one

*note* this is not illegal, it is just making proper use out of overpriced service plans

Comment

Well see thats teh thing normallyu a 4 year warranty on something like thsi would run you heavy.........
            but I got taht included in the price so I'm laughing, it was a steal to get it that cheap, so I nabbed it.
            Visit My Garage

Comment

thats a sweet ass deck, nice buy man!
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                *note* this is not illegal, it is just making proper use out of overpriced service plans
                Ha Ha, amen brother!!
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                X