No announcement yet.

how to fiberglass your whole car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would probably take a month to do that, not to mention howmany hundreds of dollars in just fiberglass and resin. its a dream at this point, but maybe oneday will be a reality.
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

I wish that Protege's had room for a couple of 8s in the cabin of the car for more midbass frequencies. I know you are building custom pods, but for us poor folks, it would be nice! I guess for now, the 6 1/2's will have to do. My question is whether I am losing out by having the mids and high frequencies cut off at 120 Hz versus 80 Hz? They can handle more volume from a bigger amp, but esp. the 5 1/4s seem to strain a bit when trying to produce certain frequencies at loud volumes (with no distortion of course).
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

I so need my 4 channel amp right now the fronts are crossed over at 63 hz and the rears at 125....barely any bass from the fronts.. more jus the sound of the bass note but not the boom of it.. but rims damnit i need rims argh

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          it would probably take a month to do that, not to mention howmany hundreds of dollars in just fiberglass and resin. its a dream at this point, but maybe oneday will be a reality.
          i bet i could do it by myself in a week that's *if* i had all the supplies there and ready to go keep in mind that's just the dash, and not with the floating top piece
          must put down the resin.... i can resist, i swear

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            I so need my 4 channel amp right now the fronts are crossed over at 63 hz and the rears at 125....barely any bass from the fronts.. more jus the sound of the bass note but not the boom of it.. but rims damnit i need rims argh
            63Hz is pretty low for your front speakers isn't it? I had mine cut off at 80-120Hz. The only other option is fullrange, but then you can really hear them struggling to produce subfrequencies. I need a traveling job so I can enjoy my **** more. Though I wouldn't want to rack up mileage, but rather have a company car. I like my job a lot, but after being out for so long, I don't miss it all that much :p: I mean, a lot of women to look at, but after the weather we have been having, I almost wished that I still worked at Chas. County Parks and Recreation. Though it sucked ass when it rained, then things got B O R I N G

Groundkit

Comment

bah the alpines can handle it

Comment

the civic was bad ass though the seat belt was a claw made of fiberglass and the stearing could move around different it looked so bad ass
                i is dumb

Comment

awsome... i didnt know about the seatbelt

Comment

That car looks frigin nice, but I really don't think , no I know I don't have the patience to sit and sand that down and form it and blahblahblah ... I would get fed up and throw the **** out .lol ..
                    But damn that Ac looks hot as hell
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

man, this thread got me coming up with some silly fiberglassing ideas, i mean apparently you can fiberglass anything!

Comment

Originally posted by derrick1623
                        man, this thread got me coming up with some silly fiberglassing ideas, i mean apparently you can fiberglass anything!
                        you didn't know that before? fiberglass is the make anything material that is my enemy without it i wouldn't want to take and make new door panels and dashes

Comment

Blue, is this the first time using fiberglass for you? Just wondering how difficult or easy it is. Probably really messy and tricky work I would think. :p: How about the clean up? Do you need the GoJo orange cleaner for your hands and find layer after layer of skin peeling off

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                            Blue, is this the first time using fiberglass for you? Just wondering how difficult or easy it is. Probably really messy and tricky work I would think. :p: How about the clean up? Do you need the GoJo orange cleaner for your hands and find layer after layer of skin peeling off

i've used fiberglass quite a bit. it's easy for me, but as a beginner it was harder. i've learned a lot along the way, and am still learning more clean up involves taking off rubber gloves, cause you don't want to get it on your skin. on top of not coming off very easy, when it hardens, it heats up, and can burn you

Comment

Ha ha, shows you how much I know about fiberglassing! Gloves? Is that why it burns like this? I never touched the stuff nor seen any one work with it. I have only seen the end product after all is sanded painted and looking pretty.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X