amp no working rite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp no working rite

i just got a set of audiobahn 10s n i tryed playing with the amp n when i just got 1 rca in the sub works good but then when i put the otherrca in it sounds like crap.Could my amp b going bad
    Barry
    protege 93 dx

www.ipmcsfl.com

try reversing the hook ups inside the sub box on one sub.

2000 White Protege LX
    Sumitomo 195/60HR14
    2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
    Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
    Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
    Kenwood Music Keg
    Black Widow Keyless Entry
    Intake- Custom SRI
    Clear Corner Lights
    APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Sounds like the speakers are wired out of phase... make sure you have both hooked up the same way (+ to +, - to -)

Comment

if i put in the other rca it sounds like **** . it does not matter wut rca i have in so i think some inside the amp went bad
        Barry
        protege 93 dx

www.ipmcsfl.com

Comment

The RCA's aren't what would be switched... the speaker wire running to the subs is what we're talking about. If one has + to + and - to -, but the other one has + to - and - to +, they are out of phase and will sound bad. Make sure they're both the same way.
          Attached Files

Comment

they r both the same way
            Barry
            protege 93 dx

www.ipmcsfl.com

Comment

i gotta start off by saying "english not you friend"

there's a few things it could be:

1) like they already said, 1 sub may be out of phase. from what i can tell it doesn't matter which RCA input you use, when just 1 is hooked up the subs are fine. we need a little more info here. is the sub a mono amp? do you have a 2 channel amp bridged to mono? are the subs sharing the same output? do you have 2 subs or 1? in your first post you say a set of 10's, but go on to refer to them in the singular form of the words you use.

2) your amp may have 2 RCA inputs, but one may be regular mono, and the other may be for out of phase use. kinda like my audio control 4XS cross over has 2 sub RCA outputs, one for regular, one for 180 degrees out of phase, but if they are both hooked up, the sub doesn't work.

3) amp is toast.

more info will be very helpful also stop and think before you type. being able to understand what you are saying makes a big difference too.

Comment

i hvae a 1 channel amp n 2 10s
                Barry
                protege 93 dx

www.ipmcsfl.com

Comment

or just "drunk type"

2000 White Protege LX
                  Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                  2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                  Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                  Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                  Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                  Kenwood Music Keg
                  Black Widow Keyless Entry
                  Intake- Custom SRI
                  Clear Corner Lights
                  APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaracer9486
                    i hvae a 1 channel amp n 2 10s

what is the amp brand and model #? if it's mono, you aren't hurting anything by using just 1 input. you can get an RCA splitter that has 2 female ends into 1 male end and use that to get your left and right sound to the amp, and just plug that into 1 input on your amp. you also haven't said if this is an amp you've had for a while, and just started doing this, or if it's a new one, and you've got no previous experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                      or just "drunk type"

nope, all his posts have been like that. and for a 17 year old, that is very unacceptable. the public school system has failed him

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                        nope, all his posts have been like that. and for a 17 year old, that is very unacceptable. the public school system has failed him
                        Last I saw the public school had pretty much failed in general

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          Last I saw the public school had pretty much failed in general

i'm a product of the public school system i just happen to apply myself i graduated from one of the most under paid school disticts in FL, which that right there is bad, cause FL certainly isn't known for their awesome schools

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            i'm a product of the public school system i just happen to apply myself i graduated from one of the most under paid school disticts in FL, which that right there is bad, cause FL certainly isn't known for their awesome schools
                            Me too... I graduated from one of the most underpaid school in Idaho. I had a history teacher with two bachelor's degrees and a master's and he was making slightly less than $30k a year. I didn't mean that as an insult to other people... I know exactly what kind of results it produces. I'm lucky that I cared enough to get everything I could out of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X