No announcement yet.

CD just started cutting off for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

granted, there are better HU's than alpine out, but as far as dollar for dollar, alpine puts out great units eclipse's are sweet, but pricey. course david navone swears by factory HU's, but the only downside to factory is the lack of features
    asylum24, why the desire to go with all one brand on your systems? i prefer to mix and match, depending on what fits best

Comment

I dont know what it is me wanting just a one brand system... I think its mostly so I can have a huge list in my sig and htey all say the same brand... iono.. makes me feel likeim sponsered maybe even though im not lol... i want some one to sponser me... that would be so bad ass lol

Comment

after next season i'm going to try to get sponsored for an SPL vehicle. next spring break i hope to break a record or 2, and that'll get me some attention from manufacturers but it's extremely hard to get big name manufacturers to sponsor you and a lot of the little guys don't sponsor much. my friend was offered to have tsunami sponsor him, when he was running autotek amps and hollywood edge subs. mind you, this was back 7 years ago or so, and he turned them down, cause they didn't want to pay him for all the equipment he already bought. they just wanted him to use there power wire and terminals, which he could give a **** less about, since his dad owns a battery shop, and he's the head mechanic:p:

Comment

dude why dont u see if your friend can get you a few deep cycle batteries for a discount

Comment

Unfortunately you and a billion others want to be sponsored, so you have to win a lot of competitions including major ones that gets people's attention. In order to do that, you have to already have equipment (whether their's or not). By that time, you are out of money from the **** you had to spend in order to get their in the first place. The only other thing is to possibly email or write the company and show them what you have and if you have won some competitions, then include them and trophy pics, like your car is a rolling resume. If they like it, they may not sponsor you, but you would get recognition on their sites such as under "customer's cars" If by chance someone saw it and liked it, you would be in luck. Also Asylum, if you call local shops and ask if they sell Alpine and when their rep is coming to pay a visit, you would like to show them your all Alpine set up, it would help the stereo shop and get your foot in the door by getting to know the Alpine rep. Just ideas to throw at you.
            Last edited by MisterT; 09-18-2003, 07:41 AM.
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
              dude why dont u see if your friend can get you a few deep cycle batteries for a discount

like i've ever paid full price i got misterT a spiral cell battery for pretty cheap. to get stingers power2 dB 1700 battery, that retails for $385, and sound domain sells for $290, my friend can order it directly from the manufacturer, with out the stinger stickers and gold posts for $180 before shipping, and what not. or i can get one after it's been to stinger for their dress up, and get it exactly like they sell it, for $220, also before shipping. depending on shipping charges, i'll get one of those, or a group 31 optima marine battery, since the marine batts are the same, but they have regular top posts, and a stud to bolt stuff too i just have to do some measuring to make sure it'll fit, since it's over 1.5" taller than a regular spiral cell course it has 30% more storage in it but i also need to check the open circuit voltage, since a regular yellow top is 13.2 volts, if the group 31 is less than that, i'll just get a regular deep cycle one

Comment

i like alot of hu's. i like alpine, panasonic, jvc, baulpunk, highend pioneer and highend kenwood. i made the comment to asylum24 b/c 99% of his postare about how alpine is the greatest thing since the microwave i'm just giving him a hard time thats all. i wouldn't mind having a complete alpine system in my car.
                '02 classic red p5
                currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Asylum24 is to Alpine as 1st MP3 of NH is to _________.

(a) Kenwood
                  (b) Rockford Fosgate
                  (c) Avionixx
                  (d) JL ****ing Audio

Hmmm...I wonder which one?
                  :rofl: :rofl:

Groundkit

Comment

I am not bashing either one of these guys. They have been helpful and considered friends or what not. More like what not. HA HA

Groundkit

Comment

iknow i know
                      '02 classic red p5
                      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Yea i know the it would be impossible to get sponsered by like alpine.... but hey even if the local shop sponsered me... that would be fine.... but that wont happen either cuz they are tight ass'....i can always dream eh

Comment

Working...
                        X