MazdaSpeed Protege Kenwood 8" sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MazdaSpeed Protege Kenwood 8" sub

I have the 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege with the Kenwood stereo. It comes with an 8" sub. I have blown the sub twice and I don't listen to the stereo at volume levels that should blow the sub. Does anyone here have a speed and have the same problem? I am perfectly happy with the stereo when the sub isn't blown. Just curious if anyone else has had problems.

if i remember correctly the sub is not blown. the speaker wires just come loose inside the enclosure.

Comment

I have had the dealer tell me that the sub is blown twice. You think it could be the wires coming loose? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by millamak
        I have had the dealer tell me that the sub is blown twice. You think it could be the wires coming loose? Hmmm...
        I bet it is, you can't always take their word for it for they are out to make money... you think he really would have told you if a wire was loose or go for the money shot? Did he even look @ the sub?
        The Car:
        2003 Mazda Protege 5
        - Injen Intake
        - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
        - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
        - More Goodies to come....
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        The System:
        Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
        Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
        Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
        -
        Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
        Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
        Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by millamak

Comment

I am under warranty so they aren't making money on it either way. It is just frustrating because they have to order a new sub and I get the "pleasure" of listening to that f*ing rattle til I get the new sub installed. I have heard from other folks with the speed that they are just replacing the Kenwood with something different. Maybe I should do that. I just didn't want to have to spend extra money on stereo equipment when the car came with quality equipment in it.

Comment

Working...
            X