blowin fuses.. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blowin fuses.. :(

well i had my subs in my trunk then the other day i put htem in my backseat just 2 see how it would sound.. and i didnt like it so 2day i went 2 put my subs back in my trunk.. i get them in hook the speaker wires up... turn the car on .. and bam the car is pumpin... all of a sudden the radio turns off.., i turn the car off unhook the battery check the " room fuse" its blown.. so im like wtf.., i put a new one in.. hook the battery back up .. and it blows again... when i put hte neg thing back on the battery there where a few sparks... but its always doen that.. so i went threw like 3 fuses.. and everytime they are blowing.. idk what 2 do ???

btw .. im an audio n00b haha ..
    Last edited by Chad; 07-02-2004, 07:12 PM.

well i just went out there., and i checked all fuses.. all of htem are good except the room fuse.. thats the only one blown.. the radio fuse is fine as is the fuse for the door locks.., ? but what i dont get is why arnt the locks and radio working if they are seperate fuses than the room one.., but.., i did find anotehr 10a fuse for the room .. i pluged it in.. and my door locks worked.. then i started the car., and then it blew again.. and the door locks didnt work anymore... .. im stumped lol anyone ?? hah

Comment

I would guess that sometime in the moving process you pinched a wire somewhere and it's shorting things out. Go back and check everywhere you moved anything... under the seats, in the trunk, under the back deck, anywhere you touched anything.

Comment

you may have pinched something, or it could also be the remote turn on is grounding out, and depending on what that is wired to, the fuse will blow. check all your wiring, cause that is what fuses actually protect

Comment

maybe the remote is grounding out..??? but the only thing i moved was the box itself and just re-hooked the speaker wire..., i just thought it was weird that the room fuse being blown was causing the radio adn the door locks 2 not function because they are tehre own seperate fuse

Comment

Working...
          X