Got my new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new toys.

Well, I've had the TRU for a while, but I installed the eDi components yesterday. Pics first:

Overall, I like the eDi's. I had to listen for an hour to the CDT CL-61a's and the eDi's side by side to make sure I want to keep the eDi's. The difference is not huge, but is noticeable. The tweeter is MUCH better, and the mids seem clearer, and I started hearing new sounds in songs I though I knew very well.

The only problem I faced was that I had to figure out how to mount the oversized 6.5" midrange driver. I had to make rings out of MDF, and drill new holes for the mounting screws (broke 3 drill bits in the process!!!). So far, so good. I'm not regretting the purchase.

Anyone wanna buy my CL-61a's?

I did not have a chance to A/B test the TRU T2.100 next to my US Acoustics USP200, but it is a sweet amp. It has twice the power of my previous amp, and based on the reviews it gets I should not need a new amp for the fronts... ever!

Nice

Comment

Looking good.
      2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
      Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

pretty amp i'm glad you like the comps as well

Comment

well hell, im gonna buy those cdt's anyways, how much u want for them>?
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

where did you mount the tweeters? finished pics? good stuff

Comment

seriously.. i can never determine where i'd want tweeters in the car..
              nice setup though

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Tweets are still hanging. Look at the first pic.
                I don't feel like cutting up my door panels. I'm afraid I'll want new speakers in 6 months, and I'll have to fill the holes somehow... I'll figure out a way to mount them nicely, yet without any cutting involved... hopefully. They sound good that way, so I'm satisfied... for now.

I could put them in the surface mount adapters that came with them, but I would have to place them by the side view mirrors which would totally screw the sound stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  I could put them in the surface mount adapters that came with them, but I would have to place them by the side view mirrors which would totally screw the sound stage.

and hanging them from the door handles has better sound stage? if the mounts have a way to angle the tweeters, i'd just mount the to the sail panels for now. 1 screw hole is pretty easy to fill in on the hard plastic plus it's easy to paint that little piece after filling it in.

Comment

I'll see what I can do.
                    They came with self adhesive tape, so I won't have to drill a single hole.

Comment

Working...
                    X