No announcement yet.

need help with planned GTX swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you probably want is the knock controller off a MX-6/ Probe, NOT the sensor. the imported motor will always come with the sensor itself,whether the controller is attached is another question. do not get these confused.

Comment

hence why I had dave import me one
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        hence why I had dave import me one
        i would, if i needed it
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I am pretty sure I will need it since I am running everything GTX. Since I started with the 323 (g0 b6!!!1) I cant hardly use any of the shiat under my hood. From what I understand running the GTX ecu/harness/motor will throw a code of the knock controller is not there.

Comment

Throw a code, but how to you read it if there is no CEL? Time to import a mazda scan-tool. haha

Comment

if you throw a code, then you more than likely have the CEL on.
              Import a code reader? Most mechanics have them in their shops and alot of them will pull the codes for you for not too much if not free. Hell most auto parts stores sell the code readers.

Comment

The GTX doesn't have a check engine light. Scan-tools are standard for OBDII cars only.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                X