• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super
    Down
    Low

is the three letter word fun? cause i think it is
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Im guessing a L-S-D
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

lol, how did you know?

once you get done with your ride marc, I am making a trip to OK to ride around in it.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah, I'll need a good camera man.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

w00t, I have a vid camera with 300x zoom so I can look out the back window at the poor people who try to keep up.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Drugs are bad. Instead of dumping all your cash on that ****, you should've got a limited slip diff...errr...oh...oops...another Robb moment.
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

any one wants the manuals im me nw_egt95 on yahoo
                eat me

Comment

1.5 svt japan spec. to gtr motor

thinking of puting a gtr motor in me 1.5 5door familla. would it work and cost of motor.
                  island-p5

Comment

Originally posted by island-p5
                    thinking of puting a gtr motor in me 1.5 5door familla. would it work and cost of motor.
                    I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. And what's with the random pictures? Post them somewhere else.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

1.5 svt japan spec. need help.

so what would be best for me car turbo the 1.5, need some more power. check out our site motorsportsgrenada.com we just had a bad cash last weekend at the tracks it was the last meet no till next year. sorry about the pic.
                      island-p5

Comment

Marc, how goes the battle?

[QUOTE=Marc93lx]Im making this my GTR swap progress thread. I'll try to keep updated with everything as I go along. For now I'll just include my shopping list and what I have purchased so far. I'll throw in some pictures too. Don't get too excited...I have a ways to go.

Right on, Marc. Glad to see someone else is doing or has done this swap. I bought a '90 AWD Protege a few months ago. Previous owner installed a complete GTR drivetrain, including suspension. He ran outta money and patience before he got it running right and I bought it for, um, not much. 2 months of work went into making it run right. So what we have for mods is... a Link ECU, so no damn flapperdoor AFM. I upgraded to their latest software upgrade, which meant putting in things like a wideband O2 sensor and an airtemp sensor and other stuff like rewiring the injector harness to be able to run sequential injection. Miata ignition system to be able to run that Link. Igniter, cam angle sensor, coils, all that. Magnacore wires. RC550cc injectors, all custom intake plumbing, turboXS BOV,Spearco IC frontmount. ACT clutch. Plenty strong. I have the same item in my BPT Open class GTX and it's holding up to that abuse just fine. Lessee what else... Fidanza flywheel, HIGHLY recommended. 2.5" exhaust, magnaflow muffler. 3rd gen RX7 fuel pump. Braided brakelines, GTR 11" rotors, and I think it needs more brakes. Looking into any 4piston calipers that might fit. Viscous LSD rear diff. Some interior stuff like seats and pillar mount guages.
                        Aside from the wheels & rotors, and the lowered ride height, the car looks bone stock. Right now it's tuned to about 23psi and is just faster than snot. But I wanna trade info with ya as to what works and what doesn't. Like fer instance, that Vishnu rail you're thinking about. The stock one on mine seems to be doing the job just fine. And I'm wondering if that bigass 3" DP is something I need to get...I'm running the stock GTR downpipe. ARP studs aren't a bad idea, but I dunno that you need weiscos unless your stock ones are just worn out. That engine is built really tough.
                        Will post dyno results if I ever decide to spend the bucks, I prolly oughtta do that to really finetune the upper fuel rows. Anyone else contemplating doing this swap, I highly recommend it...
                        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Awsome man...23psi jeeze that thing must be a beast. Start up a new thread with pictures of that beauty, Id like to see it.

Id say definately upgrade to the 3" exhaust, the GTR is supposed to respond well to breathing mods. The weiscos are more of a "might do it" thing at this point. I need to have the block dipped and cleaned up anyhow, so I figured why not throw in a set of weiscos while Im at it.

As far as my project goes...Im doing a fine job at procrastinating. I just bought a mx3 so I would have a car to drive finally. I need to get it up to par so that it is a reliable DD. After that, I plan to tackle this gtr project once and for all. The car has been down for too long.
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Jay - Glad to see more GTR's on the forum, we are a rare breed.

Marc - Glad to see that the GTR is in capable hands. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do with mine.
                            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                            MODS:
                            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                            TO DO LIST:
                            EDM/JDM rear bumper
                            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                            Repaint car

Comment

I'll have to see about getting some pix posted in the next couple days.
                              And hey, if anyone can tell me how to get the tach to work (yeah right), I'll buy em a beer.
                              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

When i fitted DTA management on mine, I could never get the tacho to work by wiring it as they suggested. No matter what I tried it wouldn't work, until one day I ran a whole new wire straight from the tacho to the coil. It still didn't work, so I disconnected it... And noticed that once it was disconnected, the tacho worked! A quick bit of playing around showed that it was basically working as an inductiver pickup from the coil :? And I've left it like that ever since, as it seemed the only way I could get it to work! I wrapped it round the coil lead and fut a bit of heatshrink on there so it doesn't look quite so ghetto...

I would guess you could do the same thing with Miata coils, but you'd need to go on too plug leads. My DTA ECU has a supposedly dedicated tacho output, and it works on other tacho's but not the Mazda one. Sooner or later I'll be swapping to the Miata ignition set up, just need the coils to do it. I was running the later amplified coils but had trouble with them burning out, so swapped the distributor back in for now.
                                www.323gtx.co.uk
                                www.323gtr.net

Comment

Working...
                                X