No announcement yet.

2.5L swap Twin turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem is that the KL-ZE has enough problems with wheel spin being NA already. Add a turbo, let alone 2 of them and kiss all traction good-bye.

my $0.02
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Marc once showed me a website of a 323 with a TT KL-ZE....the intake and both exhaust manis were custom and looked lik ****...it is possible but more work and money then its worth.....
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Try it in a AWD car

Comment

Maybe with the radiator straped to the front bumper and a good hole in the firewall :

Comment

anyone else find it ironic that the poster behind the engine says "financing available"?

anyway.... you'll fry trannies, there's no GOOD reason to do twins as a single will work fine, and umm, thats all i got right now....
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

very ironic.

Even if you had an AWD tranny imported and spent time converting your car to AWD to put down the power, reliability is still an issue. A KL-ZE TT would make alot of torque. More so that what the oem system is designed to handle. Yes it could be done with enough money and time, but getting the drivetrain to be reliable would be the tricky part I would imagine. That is after you get the motor in sucessfully. If someone could do it tho it was be a sweet as hell ride.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

What trans did they use on that Rod Millen IS430 V8 swap? i think it was some sort of Toyota trans, Supra maybe or was it a Skyline trans...pretty sure it was a Supra tho.

Anything is possible in a shop with the right tools.

Comment

A friend of mine had a sinfgle turbo Kf in his mx-3. It was stupid quick, i swear it spinend all the way thru 4th. BUt it blew up before it was properly tuned..

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                    A friend of mine had a sinfgle turbo Kf in his mx-3. It was stupid quick, i swear it spinend all the way thru 4th. BUt it blew up before it was properly tuned..
                    What size turbo was he runnin? I was thinkin twin vj20s. somethin small but powerfull. There was a guy a the cork sport show that had a turboed probe but the turbo sat under the intake bock and was only run off one manny? I would think that would cause that sides valves to fry?
                    Also- thanks for those pics!!!
                    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

I saw a Camaro with a single-turbo that was mounted in the back where the muffler should be... that would take care of mounting issues... but hellooooo lag!
                      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

It may be possible with a single turbo setup, however due to space issues, you'd be forced to run a small turbo unless you want the inlet sticking out of the hood like a pro drag supra. As far as rad clearance, you could shell out the money for a custom rad or a fluidyne which could be made to about half the size like the civic radiators and then find a nice smic like a dsm intercooler to handle cooling. (I'm sure I'm not thinking of everything here.)
                        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                        MODS:
                        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                        TO DO LIST:
                        EDM/JDM rear bumper
                        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                        Repaint car

Comment

Seems like an awful lot of work for what you'd get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                            What size turbo was he runnin? I was thinkin twin vj20s. somethin small but powerfull. There was a guy a the cork sport show that had a turboed probe but the turbo sat under the intake bock and was only run off one manny? I would think that would cause that sides valves to fry?
                            Also- thanks for those pics!!!
                            It was a 16g i believe...or a T3...i dont quite remember. The flange was welded right at the Y-pipe. It was almost perfect, i wish i got soem pics of it before the motor was pulled, but in a few months he will have a ZE in there using the same setup. I will get pics of it guranteed. It would spin 1st - 2nd - 3rd and catch, and that was at half throttle. I mean it really wasnt as much work as you all think. any exhaust shop will weld a flange to your exhaust. They wont gurantee it but they will do it for you. he used a Rx7 TT Fuel pump - KLZE injectors - KLZE cam gears - Stock ECU(weakpoint of the whole setup). The ecu would cut thefuel off when the engine would get too much air, so that lead to the death of the motor. lesson learned..

Comment

stupid design... the GTX is similar but cuts the spark not the fuel... thats gonna blow **** up.
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X