X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the intake with the filter

Comment

very nice.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

UPDATE

The only thing left is to mod the front engine mount (like IdentityX I guess)

Last week it was ready but had a little oil consumption so we took out the block and sent it to be rebored, put new piston rings and now it's like new....
        Last edited by Bax; 03-07-2005, 01:24 PM.

Comment

thats sooo hot. damn nice work man. But you need a bigger IC than the stock one.

Comment

I'm trying to get the car back on the road as soon as possible...
            I 'm like 3 months now that I use taxi and bus to go anywhere I want...
            I spent the winter like this...
            By June or July, when I will have the swap paid out and have some money I will start upgrading other stuff like the suspension (still have the stock springs and shocks) and the exhaust. (I have 2inch now, I want a 3 inch...)Then I will upgrade the I/C.

Comment

sounds like a plan. Awesome man.

Comment

Be Gone GTR Intercooler!!!!!

i/c piping -engine mount interference.

What do you think of this i/c?
                Last edited by Bax; 03-09-2005, 02:27 PM.

Comment

bad ass. How much did it run you?

Comment

I guess around 6000 Euros which is almost 7800 USD.
                    But I put front and rear disc brakes from a 1.8 model, and I converted my carbureted model to injection. A new fuel tank was needed, new fuel lines and all the wiring loom. I also put power steering cause i'm fed up of fighting with my steering wheel.
                    I know the price sounds way high but here in Greece these motors are very rare ( I have seen 3-5 gtrs in my life) and we also don't have those huge junkyards you've got at the States, so the prices are pretty high. I can't also do the swap myself ,as I don't have the necessary skills and equipment (that's what matters most) nor I have the time due to my job and studies. It's my daily ride and the only car in the family. I wish it was like, my project so I could not be worried about when it will be over.

Comment

7800 us ....
                      for gods sake.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah but think of all that hes getting.

All that matters is in the end will yo be happy with what you've got. If you are then the $$$ was worth it.

Comment

yeah, we sure are lucky in the states. I mean we just run to the local junkyard snatch some rear discs , and we are set.

I still respect what he is doing though..
                          Keep it up..
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

You should be able to fit that intercooler on there without a problem. It will require a lot of measuring, cutting and welding though! Let me know if you need any help figuring it all out.
                            -------------------------
                            '91 LX
                            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

The place that it is in the last pic is the final place that it is mounted. It's off center but who cares... I 'll have a gtr motor in my car... :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

The swap is near completion.
                                All that remains is a piece of exhaust pipe and to reassemble some of the interior.
                                As far as it concerns the piece of pipe, we used the original gtr downpipe which is a little off center from the original exhaust tunnel under my car as it was meant to be in parallel with the axle that gives power to the back wheels of the gtr.. So we have to match the downpipe with the existing (but temporary) exhaust system (2 inch one.)
                                We faced a little problem with the tachometer though. My mechanic told me that the halfcut uses an electrical one but my cluster is a mechanical one.It will be solved tomorrow and they will begin to get the interior back together.
                                Maybe I will have pics tomorrow.
                                Last edited by Bax; 03-16-2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X