Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you dip them in urethane , or enamel or something, basically any kind of paint/rubber material that will stick to them you need not worry.
    Last edited by FE3-323; 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
      if you dip them in urethane , or enamel or something, basically any kind of paint/rubber material that will stick to them you need not worry.
      lol, damn I just did my ureathane for my mounts.... oh well, guess I will just have to do the lines later, when I redo the drivers side mount.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i think you have ideas mixed up in your mind. im assuming you used urethane perhaps out of a caulk tube type of deal? for your mounts?. they make urethane products for marine use & such in more so of a paint style.... something that is more semi-liquid is what you need that way it penetrates the braided mesh to give good protection.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

lol, yeah the urethane I used for my mounts came in a pint sized can, and was a black tar colored liquid that I poured into the mounts.

is where I found the how-to, I used the same stuff they did from McMaster Carr.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            That too. It happened to charles. I saw it with my own eyes. It rubbed against his wheel and wore off the metal jacket, penetrated the rubber hose and his brake fluid leaked out. I forgot exactly why it happened.
            Yeah, I've seen that at an autocross as well. Endusererror though. You should be checking for stuff like that. That would happen as well with regular rubber lines.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Well, been trying to mock up a dump/down pipe for the motor, and looks like I found a way to make it work.

Orginally I was looking for just a flange (hahah good luck finding that) to make my own. Since I came up empty handed I began looking for a dump pipe that I could mod. eventually I found this one:

the RB20/RB25 dump pipe. Its small and SS so I can weld it to my pipe if needed... its a divorced pipe, but since I am running an external wastegate, I only need the main pipe...

Which means loads of fun customizing teh parts

The bad thing I realized is that my cold side is on the passenger side... so looks like I either have to run the VAF inline (which I will probably do since there is no room on the passenger side for it) or I lose all my amenities. Texas heat pwns me, so hello VAF placed after the turbo. Should be interesting.

Suckie thing is that they wont ship the dump pipe until the 4th of Nov, so looks like I got time to work on some other crap.

Comment

VAF after turbo is prone to leaking. you best have that cap sealed good & ducttaped on

Comment

lol, I thought about that.... I've got plenty of silicone that I plan on sealing it shut with.

Comment

more updates....

bought this today...

points the wrong way, but I plan on modding it to work with my down pipe and exhaust. Nice thing is it comes with all the bolts and gaskets for just 100 bux. (115 shipped)

Its a divorced pipe, but I have an external wastegate I want to run. I'll probably block off the internal wastegate and remove the wastegate pipe.

Comment

Jesus christ, you still aren't done? What's left?

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
                        Jesus christ, you still aren't done? What's left?
                        finish wiring it up
                        run exhaust and IC pipes
                        heater hoses
                        mount teh turbo to teh mani
                        mount teh gauges

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                          finish wiring it up
                          run exhaust and IC pipes
                          heater hoses
                          mount teh turbo to teh mani
                          mount teh gauges
                          Ahh, dinky ****. Pray to the Mazda god that everything goes smothly once it's running!

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

oh I am.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                              oh I am.
                              I'll put a good word in for ya with that guy I know. You ought to have one sweet ride when it's done. I'm eager to see how this turns out, but I can't give you crap about being too slow. I've been working on putting my turbo in for just as long and I'm not even doing an engine swap. Keep up the good work.
                              Back in BG business.

Comment

Originally posted by blk_1stgn_prolx
                                I'll put a good word in for ya with that guy I know. You ought to have one sweet ride when it's done. I'm eager to see how this turns out, but I can't give you crap about being too slow. I've been working on putting my turbo in for just as long and I'm not even doing an engine swap. Keep up the good work.
                                thx I need all the help I can get currently.

Well I butchered the flange off of the dump pipe that I ordered off of ssautochrome last week. Next I have to weld the dump pipe closed so I can use my extrenal wastegate. After that I plan on boring out the exhaust hole another 1/4 in or so to get it to flow better into my custom dump pipe.

I also mounted the rad last nite... that thing is going to sit REALLY close to the hood... I may even have to chop a bit of the support on the backside of the hood for it to close properly. After I get that mounted, and the IC mounted I can begin cutting/fabricating all necessary pipes.

jeez I need some pics... I'll try to get those when I get off of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X