Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol sounds like its gonna you're gonna need a pry bar to get it all in there

hope it works out for you man, this should be a fun car when its done!

so what all is left? mount the rad and intercooler and run all the piping???

also, what are your plans for the outside? sleeper? head turner?

JACK
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

after the car runs... its getting an alarm/remote start/timer installed...

suspension. Old and ghetto suspension will be replaced and upgraded.

after that, the interior will be finalized gutted and begin work on customizing. Basically the MX-3 seats sit too high and too far forward for me. I plan on picking up some racing seats (nothing Rice style... I am thinking something in a fake pleather like those ones on ebay or something... I dunno yet.) Basically I am going to mod the seat rails on the MX so the Seat sits ALL the way back and down an inch or so. Everything from behind the passenger/driver seat will be gone except the upper B pillar covers. So the seats will sit all the way back giving me max leg room (I am 6 foot, and its a tiny car for me.)

From there I plan on re-wiring the whole thing for a sound system. Right now there is nothing... no radio, no speakers even. Since its all missing, I have plenty to work with to fiberglass custom molds and stuff. I have been working on a custom gauge pod to fit into the AC vent on the far left... something less noticeable than an A pillar job. I also want to do the 01 civic headlight projectors mod as well.

After that begins the outside... Really I want a kit, but something thats not extreme...
      Front considerations:

I really want the car to look like the PosterT kitted car, but those kits are outrageously expensive to import:

Along with the body work I will probably shave the door handles, roof lines, and do a little customizing on the sides.

After that I want to do some more weight reduction. Around the time I get to this point in my goals I will be graduated from school and making better money so I can make this care more toward a fun car, and get a miata or something as a daily driver. My goal is to see the car get down to 2000lbs w/o me in it. I figure then with a few motor mods, I have a fun quick light 2 door to throw around a track for fun. CF hood (painted since clean non modded look is the goal) in there too.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You better hurry and finish. Im gonna be on track to finish before you if you don't watch out.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I know.... its the race of the procrastinators.... but I think I got something up my sleeve that will let me pull ahead.... I get back every penny in my tax return close to 1500 bucks

lol, really should use that money to pay off CC's... but finishing the car has to come first.

Comment

haha, my return is going towards the wiseco's. I don't think Im getting back quite that much tho. I just bought a bunch of **** today, so you better watch out.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

end of the month... last pay check had to go to bills and **** so I can buy too much if I want to eat next week.

I need to get some new O rigns for my 7 injecotrs so I can get them installed. After that I will be able to slap all that together and begin working on the exhaust side.

Comment

don't worry you both will be done before me even with my tax return and all the money from my car crash going into the new mx.... although mine should have a few fun surprises for everyone
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

start a thread then, or feel free to whore mine with random pics if you'd like.

I dunno Marc and I are pretty damn slow at this whole swap process.... I am going on a year now since I got the car, and Marc I am sure is well beyond that.

Comment

pics:

UGLY ass welds I know, but they are thick and strong.

As always ****ty camera = ****ty pics.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You suck at taking pictures. lol
                      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

the camera has A megapixel. Its not like I expect any better

Too much cash goes to parts... I'll get a camera once the car is pretty enough for pics

Comment

not sure id trust thos welds....hope you got good penitration or they will crack like a mofo...
                          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.