Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice! how did all the wiring turn out? clean?

the only thing that ever worries me is not being able to hide the harness and wires properly, makes things look crappy and unorganized.

JACK
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

yeah I bought a bag of 150 black 4in zip ties so I can better control where it goes. I ganked the ABS and AC relays and wiring out... no need for that stuff for now, so out it goes... passenger side is a bit cleaner w/o it too. I also ditched the charcoal canister, but now I have to deal with the lines that run to it. For that I will probably do this:

Connecting the green vacuum lines. I want to remove the solenoid, but dont know if that will negatively effect the system since it has a harness plug.

The Injector harness is crappy looking, I need to go buy a soldering iron and do it right... (using butt connectors currently, and it just doesn't look good.

There should be another how-to here shortly... I found a guy that sells injector rebuild kits for under 20 bux shipped for denso injectors. I got all 5 parts replaced on my injectors, with plenty of pics... so I should have a how-to here shortly.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

napa sells that injetor kit too
        eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell
          napa sells that injetor kit too
          I checked auto zone and they wanted like 12 bucks for just the pintle caps, so I ordered it through this website.

Comment

the purge control system has a vacum sized check valve to prevent it from seeing PSI. so is how it come on the GTX.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Bump for updates
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I think Donnie died.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I think Donnie died.
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO say it isn't so
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

:rofl:

Thanks Marc.... nah I didnt die, just got a lot of **** on my plate as of now... working 8am-6pm then school from 7pm to 1am. New job and **** eats an ass load of my time... And Ryan you should know better.... you do have my cell and all

That and now my g/f's mom (her garage houses my project) wants it out by the end of March, so I am putting in all the time I can to get that **** done. Still cant figure out the subframe issue. LX, GS, RS, none work. I am probably going to have to notch the RS one to work or something and weld that bitch for strength.

I also fininshed wiring up the motor. I now need to hook up the MS system and get a bunch of hoses for vacuum and heater lines and ****.

Not much progress really other than small stuff and planning and crap...

Comment

get a storage unit that you can store the projects in for now. dont rush. you never know what can happen when you rush.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

if you using ms are you using edis or what for spark?
                        eat me

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                          get a storage unit that you can store the projects in for now. dont rush. you never know what can happen when you rush.

Exactly... my dad said I can park it at his place for a month or two. I may end up doing that since my welder is there and I can get the piping done and stuff on weekends.

Originally posted by jacobrussel
                          if you using ms are you using edis or what for spark?
                          pm'ed ya.

Comment

sweet deal.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

So is this car done yet ??
                              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

I wish.

Still in pieces, but its coming together. As of now:

the motor/tranny are all bolted in
                                50% of the suspension work done
                                85% of the wiring done

The only things holding me up now are my stupidity for not double checking my height on the radiator before ordering. Turns out its like an inch too tall. I found a custom rad, but thats another 200 bux, and then it will need a different fan, making for another 100 bucks, but in the end will be a sweet setup.

Time and money are just two commodities I need more of.

Comment

Working...
                                X