This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fidanza flywheel

I have the fidanza flywheel in my scort with the gtx swap, although the revs drop a bit faster than stock, how fast they rise with a turbo makes up for it. Once you get used to the flywheel its not a big deal at all. course I dont live in seattle either so no hills and construction all the time

Comment

Originally posted by swalltr207jg
      I have the fidanza flywheel in my scort with the gtx swap, although the revs drop a bit faster than stock, how fast they rise with a turbo makes up for it. Once you get used to the flywheel its not a big deal at all. course I dont live in seattle either so no hills and construction all the time
      awesome. Thats what I like to hear. I know getting used to it will take some time though. What clutch are you using?
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I have an act extreme pressure plate, and stage 2 clutch. I think it is good for like 250ftlbs or something like that, at 15psi on my t3/vj20 hybrid I have got to be putting close to that down so its handling it very well I never really do any clutch drops though, I don't need to with that kind of power with this car.....wheels spin like crazy, I need to get a lsd in the near future

Comment

I have an act extreme pressure plate, and stage 2 clutch. I think it is good for like 250ftlbs or something like that, at 15psi on my t3/vj20 hybrid I have got to be putting close to that down so its handling it very well I never really do any clutch drops though, I don't need to with that kind of power with this car.....wheels spin like crazy, I need to get a lsd in the near future
          so you have a t3/vj20 hybrid as well? How well does that work for you? Sorry for the questions, but it looks like that maybe an upgrade I consider in the near future.

Comment

well I made a list of the crap I need to get the motor in and running. If anyone has any of the parts, and wants to sell them, hit me up. I figure most of the crap left I will have to get @ local auto store since its mostly small stuff.

-Radiator hoses
            -PS hoses
            -Timing/Accessory belts
            -Epoxy for teh mounts
            -colder NGK plugs
            -coolant temp sensor
            -fuel filter
            -SS clutch line (CS for this one)
            -Mobil1 race synthetic (4 quarts)
            -mobil1/WIX oil filter
            -radiator fluid
            -Tranny fluid (anyone reccomend good shiat to use... I haven't had the chance to research which ones are better)
            -dot 4 brake fluid (I am also looking at replacing the calipers, rotors, pads, and installing darryls SS clutch lines while I am there)
            -Drivers side axle

The exhaust I am doing full custom, should be pics once I get to work on it.
            Gauges and Muffler are still needed, I am going to get those through Chris (pigeon) once I get off my lazy @ss and decide which ones I want.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
              -Tranny fluid (anyone reccomend good shiat to use... I haven't had the chance to research which ones are better)
              Redline MTL. http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?...umber=10-26000

Originally posted by Flyin' Miata
              Redline MTL, gives better shifting in all temperatures. Full synthetic product with special additives to aid synchronizer action. Recommended by the Miata Club, as well as everyone who has ever tried it.

Miata: Two quarts required unless the shift turret oil is also changed, then three quarts are required.
              Proteg: Three quarts.

Comment

"so you have a t3/vj20 hybrid as well? How well does that work for you? Sorry for the questions, but it looks like that maybe an upgrade I consider in the near future."

the t3/vj20 hybrid is a huge upgrade to the standard vj20, it has ballbearings, and spools faster, it also flows more cfm per rev/psi, the only issues with it is that you have to modify the stock front trans mount and grind a little bit off the trans to get it to fit good cause the inlet on the t3 is so much bigger than the vj/20. the t3vj20 inlet is about 2 and a half inches where as the vj20 is about one and a half. big difference

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  great! Thats exactly what I was looking for.

the t3/vj20 hybrid is a huge upgrade to the standard vj20, it has ballbearings, and spools faster, it also flows more cfm per rev/psi, the only issues with it is that you have to modify the stock front trans mount and grind a little bit off the trans to get it to fit good cause the inlet on the t3 is so much bigger than the vj/20. the t3vj20 inlet is about 2 and a half inches where as the vj20 is about one and a half. big difference
                  Denis has the same thing in his Scort. Ever since I heard about this mod, I have been wanting to do it more so than ever. Where did you go/who did you go to to get it done? Not to be rude or anything, but what did it run you cost wise? lol, sorry for all the ?'s.

Comment

i believe he bought buddy chris' hybrid turbo.

Comment

Damn man, I didn't realize you had crashed your 323.

Good luck on the MX3 project, I think that shoudl suffice just fine.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

for the tranny fluid i'm using redline mt90 i read a lot on the euro board and that many people use in theyre gtx-gtr 323.
                        2012 Kia rio
                        2009 Nissan Frontier
                        1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Update with pics!!!

well progress has been slow.... freaking school, and work... But I have made some progress. Sadly most has been in the form of ordering parts online and stuff. My exhaust is fully ordered and should be here in the next day or so. Full 2.5in stainless steel tubing from the downpipe straight back to the muffler. Pics of that will come as I shape it and get it all into place.

I started looking at the stock downpipe and I began to wonder how restrictive it really is... I know the shape is the main problem, but the size isnt that far off of the CS downpipe. So, I decided to see if I could enlarge the holes, making the downpipe flow better. Since the exhaust will be 2.5 piping, and the stock downpipe piece pictured is slightly under 2.25in, I can grind it out to a 2.5in opening, increasing flow and hopefully making more power.

I have a friend that can sandblast stuff for me for next to nothing.... so once I get done grinding, I shall get it sandblasted, and probably powder coated.

Aside from that and getting the clutch installed, there really hasnt been much progress physically done to the car.
                          Attached Files

Comment

HOLY CRAZYNESS DUDE. THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MINE. i did some grinding work on all of the exhaust vj20 parts/pieces all of them are gasket matched at minimum now. im running a ACT disk, but you should like the way the spec clutch feels. to me it still feels like a stock clutch
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                              HOLY CRAZYNESS DUDE. THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MINE. i did some grinding work on all of the exhaust vj20 parts/pieces all of them are gasket matched at minimum now. im running a ACT disk, but you should like the way the spec clutch feels. to me it still feels like a stock clutch
                              we crazies think alike then....

I ordered the gaskets off of CS yesterday.... once I get them, I plan on putting them on the DP, and then matching that biatch as best as possible.... did you see a noticeable power increase?

Comment

turbo is broken remember got all the parts to repair it tho. so its only time. just got my FMIC yesterday, my list now consists of guages,fuel pump,piping
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X