This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D323
    I'm either gonna do that, or possibly expand the hole for the speedo cable... Since I have to add the speedo cable anyways.
    Look to the right of the ECU hole, there should be a decent sized plate you can take off to run some wires through. Its above the ECU and held in by two 10mm nuts. This hole is for the automatic shifter cables.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
      Look to the right of the ECU hole, there should be a decent sized plate you can take off to run some wires through. Its above the ECU and held in by two 10mm nuts. This hole is for the automatic shifter cables.
      didnt see that... thx for the advice...
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Read about this Flexible rubber to use in the mounts for a good DIY polyurethane susbstitute. (sp?)

The crap that is highlighted... its supposed to be extra stiff and makes for a solid mount. Its 94a, and they make an 80, and a 60 for those that want less vibration and a closer OEM stock rubber feel vs. the rigid rubber I shal be using.
        I think I got the link for the SRT forums off of here, but it might have been another forum.... these guys have used it with good results, and I figure I will be making similar power to those m0par bitches...

Comment

bah didnt notice it on the MX... looks like I will just use that other hole I found near the speedo cable one.

Oh and I am gonna move my redtop to the trunk for more weight in the ass end... I remember reading that the MX-3s have funky weight distribution that puts more up front. Since I want to handle as well as zoom, I am striving for that 50/50 distribution.

Comment

jesus man this **** isnt in yet? lol your almost as slow as Marc
            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
            Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

lol, I know.. if not slowAr.

hopefully she shoudl be running by next weekend though

progress is slow but steady.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                jesus man this **** isnt in yet? lol your almost as slow as Marc
                Naaa, I am the King of slowness!
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yeah dood what the **** is taking so long...i just noticed this thread was from like april!!!!!!

GET THAT **** IN YOU SLOW BASTARD!!

Don't gimme any of that "well converting from a v6 to a 4cyl is hard" b/c It isnt. A buddy of mine did a BP into his 92 MX3 GS and told me it was mad EZ....didn't seem to take him longer than 2 weeks time or so.
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

lol I am teh slow.

What can I say? I guess I just have dragging my feet lol. I should be getting my hoist back this Wed. and I am shooting to drop it all in this weekend if I can. Pics to follow.

I have ordered some more stuff to make the car better though....

Brembo blanks
                    Spal 2360 CFM slim fan for the civic rad,
                    optima redtop for the trunk
                    4 gauge wire for the battery moving
                    gold terminals for the battery for wires for my subs
                    coolant temp sensors for the motor

Its moving... just at the speed of a geo.
                    Last edited by D323; 09-20-2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Christ, and I thought I took friggen forever to get my **** done.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Christ, and I thought I took friggen forever to get my **** done.
                        lol, yeah....

Got the brembo's on last nite and finished up cleaning up the mounts... I'll probably have them all urethaned up by the weekend. Since I am there, I am probably gonna do some of the v6 mounts that I took off...

I have late night classes until 9, so I cant do much on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the rest of the time I spend at work (6 days a week) Saturday is my only day off, and I try to get up early and work all day to get as much done.

Its a slow process, but I do what I can day by day.

Comment

hey good luck with the swap dude. i have the gtx in my MX-3, i'm using a haltech for engine management. pretty much all i have left to do on it is get it dyno tuned.

oh and that mcmaster stuff works awsome.

Comment

Damn, nice MX3 dood!
                            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Awesome car man! I think I have seen it on MX-3.com before. I installed the mounts in the car tonite... they are freaking stiff... cant wait to get the motor in.

How much boost are you running?

Comment

hey thanks for the comments, i'm running stock boost right now...my 2nd gear synchro is shot so i'm gonna pull the motor again next summer and get a tranny rebuild and hopefully throw in an LSD.

i only have one motor mount filled right now (front tranny). at first you will notice more vibration around 2250 RPM but after a week you will get used to it.

anyone have any idea about how much a tranny rebuild costs? anything i can do to beef it up a little more, besides an LSD?

you putting that GTX into a V6 frame? i heard it is quite a bit harder than putting it into an I4 like mine...hopefully all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X