This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
    Are you talking about the straight neck KLDE or straight neck KLZE?

The DE will bolt right up with no modifications.

The KLZE will require the master cylinder to be relocated or modified as in the photo below.

Since the flow differences between the KLZE (modifications required) and the Millenia (curved neck, square ports on the runners) are minimal, I'd recommend using the Millenia IM. Also, the VRIS points of the Millenia IM are very near to the KLDE, so using the KLDE ECU means you retain good torque across the powerband.

lol that was my klze hatch.now i have a mx3 with klze swap.on my 323 klze it had 2 "T" that separate the can were the brake fluid goes with the brake pump.u only need 2 "T" and 2 rubber hose.that can give u space for the manifold
    94 323 hatch klze 13.0@101mph Slicks
    91 protege klze 12.9@103mph slicks

Comment

Hey 323v6pr do you have more pictures of the Scion XB rad installed? What rad hoses did you end up using??

Good link to scope out stock rads for custom applications...like a MX-326's LOL

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Nop,I sold the 323 about 2 years ago.but u can use a mx3 v6 one or a universal racing one from ebay.

Comment

I have a 2000 Protege & I'm thinking about doing this swap down the road. At the moment I'm doing some reseach on what on the pros & cons of it.

I was told my a friend I'd be better off swapping a 2.0 in my car & boosting it.
          Because I don't know much about turbos I've decided to stay away from them
          Is this swap worth it I know the cars made around 160 HP at the crank give or take, so I'm guessing that at the flywheel maybe 140 or so is that correct? So with mods without bolting on any kind of forced induction what are we talking about with the mods for this car, what kind of WHP is realistic?

Hope my question isn't too stupid my knowledege about working on cars is limited...
          Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

you can do the swap into your protege, you would just need to get the drivetrain out of a 98+ 626 V6 so it's ODB2 and it will plug and play...

I'll link you when i get home for people who have done the swap into Protege5s.

JACK.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
              you can do the swap into your protege, you would just need to get the drivetrain out of a 98+ 626 V6 so it's ODB2 and it will plug and play...

I'll link you when i get home for people who have done the swap into Protege5s.

JACK.

Thats not the same engine as the Probe GT is it?
              Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

yea, but you need the odb2 version of everything. I'm sure if you find an odb2 Probe or MX6 will work...i've just people use the 98+ 626 equiptment due to the coil pack conversion and better flowing heads and intake manifold.
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                  yea, but you need the odb2 version of everything. I'm sure if you find an odb2 Probe or MX6 will work...i've just people use the 98+ 626 equiptment due to the coil pack conversion and better flowing heads and intake manifold.

Good to know...However I'm still wondering what kind of power I'd be getting from this swap. I know I can get 140ish WHP from my 1.8. I'd like to kow with mods what these engines are putting out. I know it depends on how far you want to go.
                  Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

I want to see you put down 140whp N/A on a 1.8 BP! I made 124WHP on ITBs, just to let you know

Comment

going v6 is the best thing.mad torque and u can race and race and race and the motor will take the heat.well at least my klze was a very hard and strong motor i only had intake ,ebay header and exhaust STOCK in other words.

go 4 it.

Comment

Originally posted by 323v6pr View Post
                        going v6 is the best thing.mad torque and u can race and race and race and the motor will take the heat.well at least my klze was a very hard and strong motor i only had intake ,ebay header and exhaust STOCK in other words.

go 4 it.

I'll see it's one of the options I'm looking at I'm watching all the bulid threads on this swap.
                        Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                          I want to see you put down 140whp N/A on a 1.8 BP! I made 124WHP on ITBs, just to let you know
                          Let me rephrase that I've heard I can get 140ish WHP but it wil cost me.
                          Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

It will cost you. The gude head package will probably net you that.
                            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                            "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                              i made 136whp (mustang dyno 119 + 15% = dynojet numbers) on no filter, MSD, catback, 18 deg timing. i dont see how hard it would be.
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

My numbers where from a Mustang dyno so.... I would make 140+whp on a Dynojet dyno?

Comment

Working...
                                X