Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONE....add that to the list. I just wonder if my grill will still fit preperly. even if it does ill figure soemthign out.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
      DONE....add that to the list. I just wonder if my grill will still fit preperly. even if it does ill figure soemthign out.. thanks
      just for clarification

what do you mean by exhaust welder?

i have always used a 130amp MIG and i havn't had a single problem
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i was just talkin about a guy i know that does most of my exhaust stuff.

Comment

Will it ever get done? Still waiting on a good spindle...

Comment

that really sux d00d.... at least your car isnt in 10k different pieces though.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

The bay, not finished, still have to cut off the piece that is folded down...

And the only reason i had to do it was from damage from a accident, soo anyone elsee wont have to hack up there core support , adn it will probrbaly be a little cleaner like mike moss's.

Last edited by jitb37; 08-07-2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

bah that really sux... does the frame feel less rigid with that cut?
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

nah..is the same ole same ole protege. It was already alittle damaged in the first place. I tried to get it pulled forward, but it wasnt the same. Once i clean it up, it wont be that bad. Lookin into buying one of those nice core support covers that all the cool cars have and maybe drill it on or get it welded..

Comment

ITS ALIVE!!!!

got the spindle, problems fixed. Only thing left is to wait for my wrench to get here so i can tighten up the axle bolt. But i drove it up the street right , wuick with a hand tightend axle bolt...which is bad. But i had to make sure the spindle was good. And its all good... now more waiting......

Comment

schaweet!!! get some videos of that monster once shes ready to go!
                      1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

yea i got a old video of me accelerating down the street with the BP before the swap, im gonna do another with the kl there better be a noticeable different..

Comment

WEll, it drives got the spindle on , just still got to work on the idleing, and find the crazy vaccum lose i got somewhere. BUt i got to floor it down the street once, and maaaaaaaaaaan its everything it should be. Definately worth it. I florred it spun 1st, Spun 2nd, hit 3rd and spun it a bit aswell. Than i slowed down. ive got one problem tho, the stupid control arm bolt keeps spinning when im trying to tighten it... Anyone know any tricks to fix this? Or do i just need to replace the boot thats around, b/c its torn which is probrabl y why its spinning in the first place.. (btw i just thought of that while i was typing...lol)

Comment

Well GOOD NEWS!

I fond out the problem and what happened.

SOmehow my harness got burned by the exhaust and the wires melted together and.....well u know what happened. And it burned the atleast 10 wires together. Luckily it didnt start a fire . Got a couple of connectors to replace, and i ave to re solder this other harness i have (thanx to d323) and ill be ready to roll...and the KL Lx LIVES!!

Comment

Well good luck man! Use some heat shielding loom on that **** this time so it doesn't happen again.
                              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

oooooh YES! definately will. Infact im gonna wrap some header wrap around it also....lol

just imagine if that would have never happen...how far along my car owuld be. i wouldnt have bought the probe (800$) 800$ oculd have went far on the ole protege... ahhh well.. i love the probe, but the proteg is still and willa lways be the fav..

Comment

Working...
                                X