Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to next, more power & still reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If probe guys get the Vj11 up to 22psi, im sure 17-18psi is possible with the vj20.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
      If probe guys get the Vj11 up to 22psi, im sure 17-18psi is possible with the vj20.

Yes but have you ever knows those probe guys to run a VJ-11 at 22 for more than 500 miles without it blowing up? Cause I havn't.

Get a VF-10. Then hybrid it with your VJ-20 exhaust housing. You can pick up at least 30 hp-50hp with your setup. And I know a guy who is selling one for a good price. Check out the FS thread. ANd it is $200 compared to like $1200.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

The VJ20 is not good beyond 15 psi .... this has been covered many times.

Either go hybrid like Bugs said or get a T3 ... but a VJ20 is capable of ~200-220 whp

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
          unless you upgrade the turbo, you should be fine with a GTX or NA ECU and upping the boost a little.

EDIT: be careful with the timing on the NA ECU ... it is more advanced than the GTX one and you might run into detonation issues.

As for the TPS, just get a throttle body that has a 4 wire on there ... match 3 of the wires to your existing harness and bring the extra one and attach it to the 5v reference going to the VAF.

Just follow the wiring schematics in the mazda shop manual.

Cool, Thanks. I guess suspension is next.

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
            Yes but have you ever knows those probe guys to run a VJ-11 at 22 for more than 500 miles without it blowing up? Cause I havn't.

Get a VF-10. Then hybrid it with your VJ-20 exhaust housing. You can pick up at least 30 hp-50hp with your setup. And I know a guy who is selling one for a good price. Check out the FS thread. ANd it is $200 compared to like $1200.

yes. 17-18psi is a norm with them. A takled to a guy when i first got mine and he told me he has ran 20lbs on his for the last 2 yrs and hes still good. i figured the vj20 would be better. You can always upgrade and go with a Tbird intake side. My theory is it iwll last as long as u let it.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
              yes. 17-18psi is a norm with them. A takled to a guy when i first got mine and he told me he has ran 20lbs on his for the last 2 yrs and hes still good. i figured the vj20 would be better. You can always upgrade and go with a Tbird intake side. My theory is it iwll last as long as u let it.
              How is the import scene in the ATL, I was thinging about building a car at my fathers house in Fayetteville. The cops can't be as bad as southern Cali.

Comment

its great, the law isnt as strict as in cali.

check out: www.importatlanta.com or www.importlounge.com both local atlanta forums.

Comment

Working...
                X