No announcement yet.

What needs to be machined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well high boost might not happen for awhile I first want to get the block ready and then I will completly rebuild the head on it. sound be good for another 200,000KM. Then I need to find and mabey rebuild a G-series Tranny. This is all while rebuilding the body and suspension lol

Comment

Sounds like you like to do things twice... but that's totally up to you. Why don't you just take it to an automotive machine shop and get it all measured up and get a quote. Then if you don't have enough, save up and do it right ONCE!... just my 2 cents.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

well I am not quite done thinking about the head yet. I am thinking of getting it ported and polished and all the thatbut am wonder if I could do that at home with my dremel. But how would I be doing it twice? I was thinking about more like 2 parts. I am not gonna be putting the head on till the head works been done.

Comment

If you're going to attempt to do it yourself, you virtually need to get it benchflowed. Its possible to make a head flow up to 10% worse with a home P&P job. Either pay someone who knows what they're doing or get it benchflowed before and after to make sure you're doing it for the better.

-Tyler
          '88 MX-6 GT - The Never-Ending Project
          '91 4WD Protege
          '88 Bronco - 351W

Want to Buy a 4WD Protege?

Comment

careful decking the block/head too much... Vaughn ran into problems when he did his.

If your going to spend the time to get it hot tanked by a shop, then let them do the honing as well.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

ya I will be taking it to a shop to be honed. and i guess I will be looking for someone to do the P&P too

Comment

Working...
              X