No announcement yet.

klde bg323 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need to swap complete exhaust with manifolds, they are different from the mx6 and mx3 by about 1/3 of a turn on the bolt pattern. the mx3 setup runs on the this chassis since it is the same, the mx6 is set up for a different one. the harness will work from the mx3 with the klde if they are both pre 94'. if nothing is bolting up then you have the wiring harness running the wrong way. use everything from the mx3 and just the motor from the 6, its the same motor, dont swap out sensors or anything. ive done this swap allready into the 323 with a klze about 2 years ago and its pretty straight forward if you've done motor swaps before.

Comment

well i have noticed that one of the plugs is on the oposite side of the motor so far. thats about it. and some of the plugs dont seem to go anywere. its odd. and alot of the wiring is pretty short so the plugs barely reach. ill post some pics when i get a chance. if someone has pics of the k8 wiring on a kl i wou;ld appreciate it. will the k8 exhaust mani's fit the kl? or should i get a kl Y pipe?
      Last edited by bg323v6; 08-11-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

use the full k8 exhaust...manifolds to muffler. most of the plugs off the harness barely reach but will only plug into their mate on the motor, i think there were only 2 plugs that could be swapped and put into the wrong spot. the k8/klde and klze are all the same block, only difference i have ever found is that 94 and up only have 1 coolant sensor instead of the 2 sensors on the 92-93. other than that its the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dali View Post
          use the full k8 exhaust...manifolds to muffler. most of the plugs off the harness barely reach but will only plug into their mate on the motor, i think there were only 2 plugs that could be swapped and put into the wrong spot. the k8/klde and klze are all the same block, only difference i have ever found is that 94 and up only have 1 coolant sensor instead of the 2 sensors on the 92-93. other than that its the same.
          thanx. ill hopefully have it done in the next few days.

Comment

sounds like everything is getting sorted out! should be a fun outcome.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Slowly it is yes. And im hoping for some fun results.

Comment

ok now i have 2 cars that are not coming together and im still using my 2 feet to get around. not fun. So if there is anyone in the lower mainland vancouver area who is willing to help with either of my swaps ill buy the beer. i need a car badly. so please help.

Comment

Working...
                X