BP swap. I'm lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
    You're using the b6 injectors harness? If so, from what I read you can't mix the egt and Mazda harnesses
    No just the FPR. The harnes, injectors, and rail are all bp.

Comment

just swapped the main engine harness with another known good one. made no difference. has to be either ecu, distributor, or injector harness imo. any other ideas?

Comment

If you said you have spark it wouldn't be the disty. Those are prone to fail but you said you had spark
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

probe the wires on the disty between ground and each of the signal wires and confirm you see a voltage change when the wheel passes a gate. one should have 4 per rotation, one one has one. if these come out the disty is good most likley. is the ECU bolted down?
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

UPDATE

im a jackass.

had the fuel lines switched at the filter. it now runs but not to well. im still thinking some sort of fuel issue or something. it idles ok with a slight miss every once in a while. but when you try to rev the engine it'll go to about 2k rpm then cut out.

Comment

Working...
            X