do you get a rpm now?
    eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell View Post
      do this first

open megatune while connected to the ms and power on

turn the megasquirt to msns dizzy mode and turn wheel decoder off

do you get a rpm now?
      That's good advice and if you want to isolate the MS box and rest of wiring/disty then use the stimulator to see if that gets you an RPM reading.

Comment

the coils shouldnt be connected yet as you dont have a rpm but if they are disconect them till you figure out your rpm issue
        eat me

Comment

Ok I'm at right now and I work till 7ish central time. So I give that a shot to night.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
          98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

It has a RPM reading

It even tried to fire a bit, but I think studwiser might be full of it. It fired like it was 180 out. I still have a little more dicking around to do but I'm going to put my wasted spark wheel in to a stock CAS just in case, but I would really like to try to get a stock protege CAS to work...we'll see.

And I figured out why didn't get RPM read last night... I didn't have 12v to CAS. I had a power wire to it but I guess I missed it when I was running the powers wires to my fuse block. So I just pulled power from the injector for now.

The fuel pump prim is still an issue, but I'm just happy to hear the ol' girl try to run again. And I came up with a new problem...My PLX M-300 wideband doesn't read in Megatune. I'm going to e-mail PLX tomorrow and see what they say.

So that's what I know. Now I have to go to bed, good 11 hours on the MS yesterday, a 10 work day today, and 5 more hours on the MS after that and I'm spent.

Comment

ok first are you using ms1 or 2

second is wasted spark works on a protege cas so what are your settings can you emal your msq so i can look at it

torquetuning@gmail.com
              eat me

Comment

I'll do that tonight. I have to fire up my POS laptop and that's a chore in it's self. But I my wheel decoder looks like this and everything else is coped from Lex's iMazda Megasquirt thread, but I did change the spark output to wheel decoder.

I'm using Lex's maps as a base till I get to car running than I'm going to give it decent road tune and after I get a little more comfortable with tuning I'm going to see what I can do for some cheep dyno time...Ryan you better still be in good with that dyno shop.

Comment

Make sure you scale the Req_Fuel for your injectors properly ... let me know what injectors you are running and I can even do it for you - this is important.

Aside from that the maps should do you just fine. If you want the latest and greatest let me know and PM me your email. The ones I posted a while back are a bit outdated

Comment

Sweet if you email them to me that would be great!!
                    photoeye0@gmail.

I'm using 460cc's right now, but I well be using 550's as soon as I get them cleaned. I think I set it right, but I'm not sure.

Comment

why would you use 550's?? what turbo do you plan on using now rick?
                      If we got a few cars together im sure we could get some better prices @ that shop. once i get my FE3 in i'll be paying for probably a full day's tune time to get things actually running right.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

msq sent

Comment

I don't need the 550's now but after I get my B6T rods cryoed and put in with my 40 over pistons it will be nice to know the my injectors can put out enough fuel if I'm get a little out of hand and turn up the boost. And I don't know what I'm going to do for a turbo the 20 is a little small for almost 1.9L. I might pick up my buddy's stock 07 WRX turbo or another friend of mine has a 18G that has been rebult about 100 miles ago.

Thanks for the email Lex!! I'll look my fueling make sure I have it set right. And sorry Jake. I did email you last night, I will tonight.

I played with it a little last night, but I wouldn't fire. I have spark and fuel, but my timing it off and I fouled the plugs BAD. So I'm going to pick up some cheep autolight crapers just to get it fired up. But it going to be a few days be for I can get back out there. The temp is droping like a rock.

Comment

well hes right i maxed 450 cc's out on 25 lbs

i couldn't see any one needing over a 600cc injector on there BP though unless you've done something crazy and/or are running exotic fuels
                            eat me

Comment

And the 550's were free.

Comment

25 pounds on what?? thats a big difference in story
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X