No announcement yet.

Goin' Megasquirt (My progress thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this cold SUX. So I've brought my MS in and I have started working on an internal daughter board for my knock sensor and maybe a few others. I'll also be putting in the .1uf cap in today.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Well the .1 uf cap did it!!! The miss is gone, even at idle.
      Now the car runs and pulls great minus the spark cut from over boost (stupid dime size wastgate).

Comment

spark cut from overboost?? What do you mean? did you set a boost cut? Or are you blowing out the spark?

Also, did you put the cap on the power rail as well?

Did it smooth out anything else aside from the miss? Does it have an effect on A/F ratios and how the car idles?
        Last edited by Lex; 02-21-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          spark cut from overboost?? What do you mean? did you set a boost cut? Or are you blowing out the spark?

Also, did you put the cap on the power rail as well?

Did it smooth out anything else aside from the miss? Does it have an effect on A/F ratios and how the car idles?
          Yes sorry I have my overboost set to cut spark at 16 psi and with this cold ass weather I get a ton of creep.

Power rail?? I'll have some pictures up tonight to help clarify, but I just hooked one end of the cap lead on to mod wire running from pin 11 and the other to gnd on the proto area.

It did help smooth out the A/F's a little and the idle is almost as good a with the BP-26. Before I put the cap on the A/F's would jump a bit cuz the ms "thought" it was at a higher RPM than it was just for a spit second, and the car idled like it was camed.

Comment

thats funny dime size wastegate i guess you like my pics lol

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0 View Post
              Yes sorry I have my overboost set to cut spark at 16 psi and with this cold ass weather I get a ton of creep.

Power rail?? I'll have some pictures up tonight to help clarify, but I just hooked one end of the cap lead on to mod wire running from pin 11 and the other to gnd on the proto area.

It did help smooth out the A/F's a little and the idle is almost as good a with the BP-26. Before I put the cap on the A/F's would jump a bit cuz the ms "thought" it was at a higher RPM than it was just for a spit second, and the car idled like it was camed.
              I thought you added the cap across the power rail as discussed in the beginning of the article you quoted on the last page.

Electrical noise in cars is always an issue

When you say that it idles like stock, are you tunning the PWM idle valve? What A/Fs do you idle at?

Comment

No I don't have any sort of ISV so the idle isn't spot on but stupid close. My A/F's at idle are around 12:1 to 13:1 every so often I see an 11:1 or 14:1 at about 18* BTDC.

I did the cap at the bottom of the article. And I have to go out and grab my MS cuz none of my pix turned out. I'll try to get some more pix tonight.

Comment

As promised...

Just a simple .1uf cap from pin 11 to ground...damn my board looks like ass.

And a little something else I've been working on

So far I have most of the knock controller done and there's also a shift light on there. I might also put my 2 VB921's and a simple alcohol injection set up on there too. The EBC is going on the MS and the fet for it is going to sit on the heat sink where the VB921 use to.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                    thats funny dime size wastegate i guess you like my pics lol

Comment

Ok so i read the entire thread b4 askin any questions. 1st off im a vw head but love car in general so ive takin on the task of building my friends ms for his bp motor. This is what i purchased to care of the job http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...7041cfe0ae07b8 So my questions is aside from the normal assembly and the additions on the diy site for miata build what other circuits do i need (where did u get the launch, shift light circuits tried the miataturbo.net link u had but it didnt work) This will be my 1st install so we just dived into it and will fig as we go any help provide will be appreciated thanx. By the way im not finished with the board assembly, but the stim is done. What i was looking to do was add all the extra stuff while im doin the main assembly so i don't have to go back later
                      Last edited by Specs; 05-06-2008, 07:04 AM.

Comment

eat me

Comment

thanx 4 the link is there any other places that have detailed info on the install of ms on the bp engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Specs View Post
                            thanx 4 the link is there any other places that have detailed info on the install of ms on the bp engine?
                            If you'd like a system built for a BP or installed in one, drop me a line at the link in my signature.

Comment

i appreciate it but i kinda wanna feel it out and learn the process (plus im midway thru an assemble and decided to let my friend have it once i finish)

Comment

Long time no up date. Well I tryed the new build out at the strip...NOT GOOD! Out of 5 runs the best I could get was a 15.0** at about 94mph on my only issue free run. I did find out my ignition table was way F-ed up...so I dug thought some old posts and found some tables I'm going to try.

But I am now have a random reset issue. Every so often the car will shudder and the tach will drop out, then it will come back PIG rich. I'm trying to get it on a log but no luck.

That's all for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X