Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice find.. cant beat 25.00 and a little gas

Comment

Well after selling some stuff on ebay and needing the money to help pay rent and selling more stuff, I finally ordered up my MS today!!! I just placed the order about 5 minutes ago through diyautotune.com. It should be here in a few day.

I went with the MS 1 with the 3.0pcb and the stim bored. With shipping, ins, and a few stickers it came to only $256.15 I can't weight to put it together.

And I also scored a set of 4 550cc high impedance injector for FREE!!!

2 are missing pintel cap, but I'm going to send them to witchhunter.com for cleaning any way. Now I have to find some harness clips for them.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

All the stuff came in on the 20th but I was way swamped with getting my new DD/RallyX/SnowX/Beater going for the rally last weekend.

But I did manage to build the stim board. It was super easy, it only took me about an hour. If your soldering skill is a little week, I recommend building the Stim board 1st for a refresher.

The Stim board and MS kit

The Stim board on spread out. As you can see not much there.

All put together at 1:31am.

Close up

I'm hoping to get some time tonight to start on the MS board, but I have to fix a few things we broke on the beater.

Stay tuned

Comment

Looks like a good job on the Stim!

Comment

Thanks!! It took me a few joints to get it back again but it's kinda like riding a bike.

Comment

Here are the pics you requested.

Make note that right now, the Miata INPUT signal mod is done on there. The extra driver for the wasted spark (VB921) is not in yet, the boost controller is not in yet, and the PWN idle circuit is not in yet. For PWN idle, you have to remove some of the components that you see on my board. This is clear as you go through the build step by step.

If you run distributor only, you don't need the second pull-up resistor but having this mod on there won't harm anything. I am switching to coil packs so this is why I built it on.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great!! Thanks

Comment

IT IS DONE!!!!!

Aside from R3 which I lost and the mods I need to do. I'll post some pix soon.

Comment

Here it is!! What do ya think?

Comment

Here's a good EBC mod write up
                      MEGAsquirt - EBC mod - Writeup - Components needed: (1) MOSFET IRLZ44 (IRLZ44NPBF-ND) (1) 100ohm resistor (1) 10k resistor (1) diode 1N4002 (1N4002DICT-ND) (1) Fast activing 3-Port valve (boost solenoid) gmpartsdirect.com part #1997152 MegaSquirt MB side: https://www.miataturbo.net/~web1_braineack/MS/msebcwiring.jpg...

Comment

I guess you don't want to run your idle air control valve. Aside from that it looks good.

Comment

I don't have any idle control stuff hooked up now. I might put it in later.
                          I'm going to the local you-pull on Thursday to see if I can find any Miata's or DSM's. If I get lucky I might just go DIS.

Comment

i dont think thet the msd box was instald right i have a sci-l box sport compact ign from msd and i do feel the difrence . when i first put the box i did not feel nothing becouse i install the box with out setting it for what numbers of cyl but the dam think is making melting my pistons! lol
                            GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                            AND
                            THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

I scored some goodies at the U-pull.

Coilpack off of a 2G GSX, a CAS and igniter out of a 4G61 Summit.

Now I just have to figure out which wire does what.

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0 View Post
                                I scored some goodies at the U-pull.

Coilpack off of a 2G GSX, a CAS and igniter out of a 4G61 Summit.

Now I just have to figure out which wire does what.
                                You don't need to use the CAS, you can just use our stock disty to act as a CAS. That's what I did...

The only thing is that you need 4 wire on your distributor, one for 5 volt inpurt, ground and the 2 signals

Please read the ‘disclaimer’ at the top of the parent page here. This documentation is for using the MS1/Extra firmware version 029v or later, MS2/Extra 3.3.1 or later, and MS3 1.2.4 and later. Plug and Play Solution available here.   How to MegaSquirt your Mazda Miata   Application: 1990-1997 Mazda Miata, or later models by…
                                Last edited by Studweiser; 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM.
                                Mazda Protege LX Touring 1999

Mazda Protege 1993 Turbo
                                -Megasquirt, denso 720cc injector, Forged internal, Holset HX30 Turbo, tial 38mm wg with dumptube, 3" turbo back, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X