No announcement yet.

Megasquirt Blowing Engine Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well heres the deal now, i had the power cable grounded and then the battery which kept shorting me out sooo then i ran it to the block so i didnt have soo much current going through the chassis, now to figure out where the 12volt source is and get the ms turning on when the key is at the "on" position. i need to borrow a multimeter to see if this white/red is giving the 12 volts it should be.

Comment

I run my MS off the same relay that feeds the factory ECM with a separate 10 amp fuse.
      Powered by ACME

Comment

I wouldnt even try any electrical work without having a multimeter. It's a very good start.

Comment

ya a multi meter will be had for checking all connections to the ms, and for the 12 volt especially

Comment

Just tap off a source that isnt being used in the fuse box. Like for the power windows or sunroof or whatever option your car doesnt have, there should be a power source in the fuse box. I agree get a volt meter and do some research.
            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X