No announcement yet.

Need microtech help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it wont see below 14% then A) the software needs to be used to adjust it, but if you tried that and it doesnt work, u have to B) manually move the tps sensor so it reads zero. if those dont work your tps sensor is messed up

Comment

Basic maps tuned for 13-14 PSI of boost pump gas 880cc injectors.

I include the TPS calibration map and the Input and Spark map for reference.

These maps are only for your reference.. I am not responsible for what happens to your engine if you use these maps
      Attached Files

Comment

From what the book said that you were supposed to set it at 0 then move the TPS until it read zero. I can't get that so how do I adjust the software to compensate if possible as stated above.

Comment

Ok now I am somewhat confused as the difference and relation to the t-map idle and t-rpm differences. I may be thinking about this too much and confusing myself. Since my TPS is screwed up possibly why do they call it t-map for the idle. I think it is the way that yours is set up one side is fairly stright forwad and the other looks lik you have it set to pull timing but I don't understand the numbers that I am comping up with on yours. No your maps aren't going to be loaded and I am going to post mine up here tomorrow when it isn't raining to compare.

By the way thank you, for those. Microtech did not make it very easy to let others look at them and I know it wa a pain to take screen shots for me.

-Steve

Comment

Originally posted by svenspeed View Post
            Ok now I am somewhat confused as the difference and relation to the t-map idle and t-rpm differences. I may be thinking about this too much and confusing myself. Since my TPS is screwed up possibly why do they call it t-map for the idle. I think it is the way that yours is set up one side is fairly stright forwad and the other looks lik you have it set to pull timing but I don't understand the numbers that I am comping up with on yours. No your maps aren't going to be loaded and I am going to post mine up here tomorrow when it isn't raining to compare.

By the way thank you, for those. Microtech did not make it very easy to let others look at them and I know it wa a pain to take screen shots for me.

-Steve
            As I said before you have a variable resistor type TPS, go to the TPScal screen (foot off the pedal and engine off) and increase or decrease the adjustment until the yellow led turns on.

This is from the manual

"NOTE: With the ignition switched on but the motor not running, the yellow lamp on the side of the MT ECU acts as a TPS calibration indicator and will be lit while the throttle is closed (0%TPS). Now start the engine and while it warms up to operating temperature".

If this doesnt work then maybe your TPS is damage.

T_RPM map is your basic timing map. Basically that map is to setup your timing advance based on RPMS. For example at 2000 RPMS your timing advance will be 30 degrees. For 3000 RPMS the advance will be 35 degrees and so on. The map that I send you is pretty good for our engines.

The T_MAP map the ECU made corrections to the T_RPM map based on vacuum/boost conditions. For example let said you are a 3500 RPMS. Based on the T_RPM map your timing will be 35 degrees. But the load of the engine is 18Hg of vacuum. If you saw the example T_MAP map for that cell it says +04 degrees. That means the computer will set the advance 35 degrees plus 4 degrees total of 39 degrees total advance. In other words for those two conditions the ECU will made a total advance 39 degrees.

Now if the engine is at 3500 RPMS but the engine is boosting 10 psi that cell says -05 degrees. That means the computer will set the advance 35 degrees minus 5 degrees total of 30 degrees total advance.
            Last edited by MazdaTGTS; 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Ok that is what I thought was going on with the advance. I just wanted to make sure.

As for the TPS I understand how to set it per the book, I was just curious with the percentage that you drop down to zer of there was a way to compensate for my tps readings that are off.

As fot the pump 1 and pump 2 funtions will there be anything thatI need to change there?

When I get all of these done I will post up the maps that I have currently and make sure I don't have any serious or obvious errors.

-Steve

Comment

Working...
              X