Ms in a B6-DE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt_fulghum View Post
    you shouldn't be running autotune unless your car is 99% of the way there, and especially not if you can't get it started.

If it won't start at all, then it's your cranking pulsewidths that need adjustment. No amount of clanking on the fuel maps will make it start.
    my apologies.i meant that with that map the car too lean to start.with my map works fine but i have a rich issue at high rpms.
    (vexme doesn't work and i don't know what i m doing wrong)

Comment

again, if it cranks around but doesn't start, it's not the fuel map. If it starts up but sputters out, it's likely that your afterstart enrichment and warmup enrichment tables aren't high enough.

you'll have to provide a bit more information than "It doesn't start"

edit: or do you mean it's too lean to begin with?

Also, VEXME and autotune aren't gonna do anything with your maps unless they're reasonably close to what you want already.
      Last edited by matt_fulghum; 08-12-2008, 02:15 PM.
      Ask me about engine management!

Comment

We have the car up and running but there is still 1 prob. WE're having some random misfires at 5 - 5.5 k. The plugs and sparkplugwires are ok. Distributor is also cleaned.Wiring is good. What else could it be?

Comment

from what it looks like on your timing map, considering the size of the turbo your running, your torque is gonna peak alot sooner than you may think. I'm gonna say that your torque is gonna peak at 3500-4500rpm so you may want to retard timing in that area of your map and perhaps increase it a degree or 2 AFTER you reach peak torque, because peak torque is where **** breaks therefore you need less timing. Give more details on your setup please!

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent View Post
            from what it looks like on your timing map, considering the size of the turbo your running, your torque is gonna peak alot sooner than you may think. I'm gonna say that your torque is gonna peak at 3500-4500rpm so you may want to retard timing in that area of your map and perhaps increase it a degree or 2 AFTER you reach peak torque, because peak torque is where **** breaks therefore you need less timing. Give more details on your setup please!
            this is the spark table i use.what else do you want to know?
            (the car is running 180kpa and the rev limiter is 7100rpm)
            Attached Files

Comment

You should get on the dyno ASAP to tune timing because you can definitely get some more power out of your setup. When do you hit full boost? Now that you have a decent base map you need to setup ALL your parameters. A trick i use is after i have a solid fuel map and setup closed loop operation, i do EGO(02 sensor) correction to see how much it changes the cells and then i go back and add or take away fuel on the actual map. Tune about +3-5 richer on the ve table once you have everything dialed in that way when your MS is in closed loop running for fuel economy and you decide to go WOT and it goes to VE Table it takes away fuel rather than add fuel.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Update: We went to a dyno and 1st pull was 144 flywheel hp at 0.6 and a lot of missfire over 6k. So I pulled static timing and went to 150. Pulled a bit more and made 158, The damn misfires kept existing.... added some fuel on the problem map but didn't do anything. pulled A lot of timing and closed the bleed and made 166 hp... and one or two missfires over 6k.
                So we couldn't find out what was happening... and we left...
                Here is the dyno sheet... There is boost creep that's why torque rises again..
                And timing after 5.5k was 2 degrees "after" top dead point...

So the next days we are sooooo frustrated... and were planning to build again a new wiring harness from scratch... and then it hits me...
                When we first set up MS, we put Overboost protection at 0.85..
                I check the logs and I see map readings of 0.83 while creeping...
                So we upped the overboost protection and put again the timing that we removed on dyno and now the car hauls...
                So next time guys... when you go to the dyno to tune, remove any sort of protection

Comment

R E T A R D E D mouxaxa..

Comment

Working...
                  X