No announcement yet.

True plug and play MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan output? Would you have to otherwise rely on the stock ECU for fan control (like what I did with the E6K) or is this for something else?

Does the IAT have to be placed before the throttle plate?
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
      Fan output? Would you have to otherwise rely on the stock ECU for fan control (like what I did with the E6K) or is this for something else?

Does the IAT have to be placed before the throttle plate?
      In the FWD platform, the fan control circuit is independent from the ECU except for a signal showing the fan is on so that the idle is bumped. So, you can install your own fan control and set it to start the fan and whatever temp you want. It's not mandatory however, the stock system doesn't need the ECU and works fine.

The IAT doesn't have to be before the throttle plate. Placing it in the manifold is not a bad idea. However, the close you have it to the head, the faster it will heatsoak and will give you false readings. The further you have it, the less accurate it will be as well. On a turbo car I recommend having it in the cold pipe close to the TB.

Comment

Good to know (and this gives me more stuff to ponder at work...)
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry does the megasquirt have a rev limiter built in?

If not what about a rev limiter, what do you use Alex?

Oh and whats NLS ?

Comment

IIRC it has a user-adjustable rev limiter, and you can use either spark cut or fuel cut.

No-Lift Shifting.
            sigpic

Comment

This is correct, the rev limiter is 2 stage - a soft spark cut and a hard cut. All fully user adjustable.

Comment

Can the standalone MS1 V3 combination control idle up when A/C is on?

Comment

Idle can be controlled when you have the IAC option built. You may have to play around with the idle control settings so that it responds quickly enough to the load of the A/C compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                    Idle can be controlled when you have the IAC option built. You may have to play around with the idle control settings so that it responds quickly enough to the load of the A/C compressor.
                    sorry for being a noob.. IAC is Idle Air Control??

so if I have that option.. there is not a need to plug or rewire the air control valve of the TB? the standalone MS1v3pcb can idle up when the A/C is on when idle or even driving!?

btw I'm using a Z5 engine.. my friend said that it is OBDII and currently I'm using a Z5A1 ecu.. but I will try to rewire the sensors so I think it will not matter if it is ODBII right?

I read that your setup can run any mazda engines with modification for the sensors ofcourse.. please corret me if I'm wrong..

Comment

To answer your questions - yes the idle air control mechanism uses the stock valve and it controls that instead of the stock ECU doing so.

As far as running this on an OBDII Z5, you will have to do a significant amount of research and wiring. The MS can run ANY engine. However, it is setup slightly differently (hardware and software) from platform to platform and the wiring harness/conversion harness has to match the platform it is on.

The unit I am selling is designed for the first generation BP engine platforms specifically in that it is a plug and play unit on those cars with no further splicing or wiring needed. You could buy an MS and adapt it to your Z5, however, it will not benefit from the plug and play aspect since the Z5 is a different platform. The modifications/adaptation needed is up to you.

Comment

To answer your questions - yes the idle air control mechanism uses the stock valve and it controls that instead of the stock ECU doing so.

As far as running this on an OBDII Z5, you will have to do a significant amount of research and wiring. The MS can run ANY engine. However, it is setup slightly differently (hardware and software) from platform to platform and the wiring harness/conversion harness has to match the platform it is on.

The unit I am selling is designed for the first generation BP engine platforms specifically in that it is a plug and play unit on those cars with no further splicing or wiring needed. You could buy an MS and adapt it to your Z5, however, it will not benefit from the plug and play aspect since the Z5 is a different platform. The modifications/adaptation needed is up to you.
                        In my engine swap I have an option to swap for a BP, why o why did I turn it down..

thank you for answering my questions.. I think I have a better view on the road ahead..

Comment

Wiring to the extra I/O ports of the MS is simple to do yourself or it can be purchased as an option. The MS has 4 extra I/O ports. These can be used for NLS, nitrous, boost control, wasted spark/coil packs, water injection, fan output, knock sensor input, etc. However you are limited to 4.
                          Hi Lex, if we install the iac feature, in order the idle to be bumped after load (a/c, fan, etc) do we have to ask you to enable some extra output features and add some wiring?

Comment

No ... there is a feedback mechanism based on RPM. In other words, if the RPM drops too much, the valve opens more to increase it.

Comment

Thanks a lot Lex!

Comment

The IAC feature on MS is Reactive , meaning that it is adjusted after being changed from load on the engine whereas the stock iac control setting is proactive as it get's electronic signal of any load that is put on the engine instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X