Spectacular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tips Alex
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
      Awesome. I have played with the Accel Enrichment a little, but it probably does need a lot more work. The only real "tuning" I did was on the dyno and after getting the A/Fs-timing in the ballpark we got stuck trying to fix a stumble on a very specific section of the table. I'm hoping the clean injectors will solve that issue as we couldn't tune it out.
      Was this a fuel related stumble or ignition? Were you able to capture it in a datalog? On Jon's car (Shades) with MSII we've had a nasty little stumble at around 3000 RPM cruising that's ignition related.

Comment

what would cause a high idle with stock components

i replaced my iacv with one from a sohc tb and idle was fine for a few months now its back to idling at 1000 and sometimes if it wants to it will go down to 800

the mx3 also has this problem but its 900-1000 all the time i wont know whats causing it until i remove the safc2

Comment

Glad to hear abt your success Lex!

my car is almost stock, and in the winter time especially, the dips and drops in idle is crazy. One minute, im at 1500, next close to stalling.. it drives me crazy sometimes.

Comment

If you think closed loop idle is good now, wait until the stuff that Ken (the lead developer on the MS2/Extra code) and I have been working on for the last year or so... It's lightyears ahead of where the current code sits. (partially because there's a math error in the current release code )

It's basically a complete rewrite and makes the closed loop idle much more responsive as well as stabler than it was before.
            Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum View Post
              If you think closed loop idle is good now, wait until the stuff that Ken (the lead developer on the MS2/Extra code) and I have been working on for the last year or so... It's lightyears ahead of where the current code sits. (partially because there's a math error in the current release code )

It's basically a complete rewrite and makes the closed loop idle much more responsive as well as stabler than it was before.
              Looking forward to that. I am still running MSI Extra Hi Res code in most applications. However, once I feel the MSI has been perfected on this platform, I will focus on MSII integration since the latest development revolves around the MSII. That, and C code is much easier to look at than assembly.

The tuning and fiddling time to perfect MSII code on the platform is what is discouraging me a little since I know how long it took to work out the bugs with MSI.
              Last edited by Lex; 01-16-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum View Post

When does the code come out to correct the math error?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                Member of MX-3.com
                1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I loaded Saturday the MS2 extra january29 code and it has some nice features such as idle spark advance with load (when you turn your heater or defrost on) and supposedly a better closed loop idle control, that I couldn't figure out in the 5 mins I had. Will try today but I do like the timing advance idea, helps keeping idle where it should under load. I also tried the cranking at different temperatures map and it helpes alot with hot starts. Lots of tunning ahead.

Comment

Working...
                  X