Miata CAS and Crank Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will

Thanks for the advice. I actually am now looking at the megasquirt manuals because they show this theory very well

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
      Ah, interesting about the processor speeds. I wish that the communication between the E6X and the laptop would be faster, but that's the only time I feel that it is slow. I think a lot has to do with the Halwin software, which from my experience with it does not seem very well written.

--Ferdi
      Ferdi- does the E6X rely on a serial cable like the E6K? If so, that's likely the cause of the slow communication between the Haltech and laptop- I've seen a few other ECUs that also have this sort of problem.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
        Ferdi- does the E6X rely on a serial cable like the E6K? If so, that's likely the cause of the slow communication between the Haltech and laptop- I've seen a few other ECUs that also have this sort of problem.
        Yup, it does and it hates usb->serial converters. I had to purchase a serial card for my newer laptop when my old laptop with the built-in serial port broke.

Originally posted by networkingdude View Post
        Thanks for the advice. I actually am now looking at the megasquirt manuals because they show this theory very well
        The back of the E6X manual is pretty good too, it even has a couple oscope traces to help you visualize the trigger timing.

--Ferdi
        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
        -----
        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

36-1 wheel

Here is a so-so pic of the 36-1 trigger wheel i installed on my z5 pulley.
          Its from ebay ~$20.
          Sensor is the stock protege one.
          I also had to machine the pulley .There was a clearance problem with the plastic front cover which had to be cut
          Attached Files
          Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
            Its from ebay ~$20.
            I also had to machine the pulley .There was a clearance problem with the plastic front cover which had to be cut
            what bolts are you using on your dampener?

As for the Haltech... Did you set your baud rate at 19200 in Halwin and the windows device manager?
            Last edited by networkingdude; 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

do you guys have any tips for getting the trigger wheel aligned perfectly? And are you guys machining it at home or having it sourced out?

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
                Its from ebay ~$20.
                how much did you have to machine to make it clear the plastic? Did you machine the wheel or the pulley itself?

Comment

Ferdi - When you got your fix for the ati i noticed you mounted the fix over top of the wheel like a sandwich. On the revised ati's is this piece integrated or removable? If its not then wouldn't i have to mount the wheel even closer to the block than you did because it would rest on top of the fix??

Comment

also if you guys could send me your maps for your haltech's that would be perfect!

Comment

Ferdi - When you got your fix for the ati i noticed you mounted the fix over top of the wheel like a sandwich. On the revised ati's is this piece integrated or removable? If its not then wouldn't i have to mount the wheel even closer to the block than you did because it would rest on top of the fix??
                      I don't think the new ones are any different because the later Miatas (Miatae? lol) use a crank trigger wheel mounted the same way. You need to machine the trigger wheel on a lathe, otherwise you'll never get it perfectly centered. The clearance to the sensor is only like 30 thou.

--Ferdi
                      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                      -----
                      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

ok, just need to find someone with a lathe around here

so how about those maps

Comment

its a little off topic, and might be a little more pricy than ms, but I have a microtech lt10s, it has sequential, and direct fire 1 coil per cylinder off the stock cas sensor....this is another option if u dont want to run the ms stuff...or you could run a hydranemasis

Comment

how much did you have to machine to make it clear the plastic? Did you machine the wheel or the pulley itself?
                            Im sorry i dont have the spec on how much was machined off the pulley as i did it a bit at a time.I used our brake lathe at work LOL.i removed the 4 tooth plate that was part of the crank pully assembly and replaced it with the 36-1.
                            The stock plate was thinner for sure so i machined a little off the the pulley and a little off the 36-1.
                            I centered it and drilled holes to secure the plate 6mmx1 if memory serves.
                            The holes in the pulley were tapped and the holes in the plate not.