No announcement yet.

Ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a spark diode and a spark jumper? Are you checking it at the coil or at the disty or at each plug?

Comment

The diode will check to see if the fuel injector is pulsing. I am checking each injector. The spark jumper is just something that checks spark at the spark plug, shows how strong/weak the spark is.

Comment

I lost spark on my MS a while back,it was brutal to diagnose,i tried everything.it turned out i had to reload the MS firmware on the processor,it somehow went corrupt.Car was running and died,wouldnt restart.Im not sure why it happened but its been fine since the reflash.The only thing i lost was spark-out.
        Last edited by Beerizfood; 05-01-2009, 08:36 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
        Powered by ACME

Comment

I think that is something that lex has to do.? Not sure what if I can do this.

Comment

that information can be found at http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
            under the assembly guide for the respective version your running.
            you can read it over to get a feel for how hard you think it is.Ask Lex before doing this as he is working with you.
            Powered by ACME

Comment

The software is fine ... he sent it back to me and it fired right up so I wouldn't start there. Randall can you get another datalog of the car cranking? Last time the Megatune software was not quite setup right on your laptop for logging.

Something is intermittently failing (I am guessing intermittent short or open circuit in the wiring) here since the car starts sometimes and it ran for a while.

Comment

Will do, I am just getting off work, will send it to you shortly.

Comment

ok, checked the injector spark and that was all good, present at least. I am still waiting for the answer on the ground issues. Where are the 4 for the engine? The pic is nice but where the arrows are, there is no grounds.... I will send you a data log prob today, if not, on Tuesday. Thanks

Comment

email sent... thanks

Comment

replied. thanks Randall

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                        The software is fine ... he sent it back to me and it fired right up so I wouldn't start there. Randall can you get another datalog of the car cranking? Last time the Megatune software was not quite setup right on your laptop for logging.

Something is intermittently failing (I am guessing intermittent short or open circuit in the wiring) here since the car starts sometimes and it ran for a while.
                        Yes,and he has tried a dist,and replaced the ignitor,there isnt much left.