safc or vafc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the good info guys, this is why i love car forums :D

ok i figgured that i better use the b6t ecu out of the car that the b6t motor came out of... i know it would be easier to wire up the bp ecu but the tune would be all wrong so now im using the stock b6t parts... i read somewhere that the b6t VAF reads form 5v to 0v not the way that the most motors read 0v to 5v.... is that true? if it is true would i be able to still run a safc on it or would it just confuse the heck out of the ecu? would i be able to put on a bp or rx7 vaf or would the confuse it also?

Comment

^ anyone know the answer?

Comment

i dont what to sound like a broken record but someone has got to know... anyone?

Comment

Yes you can. In the SAFC Setup it has a setting for the voltage to either go up or down. You can get an manual and look it up, or go to miataturbo forums or mazda323performance.com and get the info there. Or mx-3.com.

And as for the whole loop thing, there are ways around it without hitting performance cuts. The guys on miataturbo use an oxygen sensor clamp with their Greddy Emanage Ultimate setups. I don't know the exacts of it, but that is why I didn't ever switch to that setup. There is some engineer on the boards that explains it all in like a 4 page thesis, lol.

But the B6t does tune different then the BP.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

ok thanks :D

Comment

get a vafc you need VTAK YOO

Comment

Originally posted by skunkspeedshop View Post
                get a vafc you need VTAK YOO
                There's other things you can use the "vtec controller"in a vafc for if you put your brain to work.

Comment

Working...
                X