Direct Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajax View Post
    One of the advantages of DI is that you don't really have to worry about pre-ignition because there isn't any fuel in the cylinder until the last minute. My mom has a Passat with the 3.6 FSI (fuel stratified ignition, I don't know why VW Group comes up with these stupid names) It makes 300 hp, runs on 87, and has a 12:1 compression ratio. I had it doing 120 without batting an eye.
    3.0L straight6 twinturbo direct injected BMW N54 300hp/300trq 155 no problem and even better after a few modds
    Aku belly

Comment

there is already a company that has patented spark plug/injector combo devices. You can convert any engine that runs on a spark plug in 5 minutes. Last I checked they were paid off and wont sell any, but its been a few years since I looked into it.

Looking at 2 mazda 4 cyl heads I have sitting a few feet away from me, (FS and BP) there is NO room for a direct injector without redesigning the head completely. A complete waste of time just to run DI. Just do yourself a favor and fill up with 94 pump gas. Running 87 vs 94 over the course of 10 years would still be nowhere close to the cost of converting the motor to DI.

If you are a DI rapist that has nothing better to do with their time just spend a few Gs on a ms3 motor and swap it.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Engine
        Mazda 3 SPEED,2.3 see notes 28,629
        --km--
        46,101 A 09-130 $850 Maz-Toy Auto Recycling -PAR USA-OR(Troutdale) E-mail 1-800-800-4570

there you go less than a G for a 2.3 DI 4 banger (doubt it will have the turbo etc.)

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

send me $5 for saving you hours of wasted time etc.

$5 CO happy dude
          742 evergreen terr.
          springfield

Comment

Working...
          X