Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS tuners, what are your cruising AFR's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yunvmyegt View Post
    eric what are you using for overrun settings i never did set mine up either... i know this is old, but im not the one who bumped it...lol...

oh and hes using normal afr values, not volts.... you can go in and change things...
    Overrun should be all fuel cut by certain kpa, mine in particular is 16kpa or lower.
    94 1.8/Garrett 12psi/MS1/AEM UEGO/RX-7 460s
    Still not 230+whp...

Comment

I'm crusing @ 13-14.5 afr in boost in the 11s-12s
      sigpic

Comment

I cruise at 16.5 with stock gtx ecu,Safc 2 and Rx-7 460cc injectors. In boost 11.4-11.8 idle is set at 13.6-13.8 found idle to be smoothest at that. Stock n/a engine n/a cams. With a vj-20,Stock gtx intake manifold, Custom 2.5 I/C setup and a 2.25 turbo cast elbow back exhaust. need to go up to a 2.5 exhaust. all on 93 octane fuel. Runs great and cruises super nice.
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

Why are you running such big injectors?
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

15-16:1 and gobs of timing
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              With my flow mods to the intake and exahust I was getting fuel cut at only 11.5 psi of boost that is on a u code vaf. So I put in larger injectors to combat this and give it some head room before fuel cut. now im at 15psi no cut or signs of cut whatsoever. and it runs vary hard.
              sigpic
              1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
              Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
              Daily driver

Comment

I do have the base timeing set to 14 instead of 10 aswell it really drives nice for a gtx computer,460cc injectors a safc and a u code vaf. i had two ms bpt mx-3s before this one. but this one is a budget build I have 2,300 in the whole car. will eventually end up ms im sure but for now i am more than happy with this one. but my old black mx-3 made 300whp and 330wt on e85 and a vj-20,vf-11hybrid at 26psi 600cc injectors and a ems pro and was a hell of allot of fun! was a stock long block.
                sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                  I was more curious as to why bumping such an old thread???
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
                  X