MS Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Assembly

Been reading and reading and reading on MS...and it seems i want to run with MSII PCB3.0 but dont wannna spend the 260 bucks from DIYautotune for it.

is it possible to upgrade MS1v2.2 to MS2v3.0 on the same board via MS2 daughterboard??
    92 Pro - Daily Beater and project- current frankenstein
    sigpic

the 2.2 and the 3.0 board are completely different

id honestly go with a MS1 3.0 and then add the MS2 or 3 daughter board later
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

ok. i just saw that ms2 had some more features. not that i need them with n/a. but figured it would be nice.
      sigpic

Comment

how about purchasing the PCB3.0 separate from the resistors and such. i see they have a BOM and if it ends up being cheaper...i'd rather go that route. but 187 for ms1v3.0 isnt to bad i suppose.
        sigpic

Comment

finding all the components yourself gets expensive since most places have minimums you have to order, so if you only need 2 NPN transistors but the site only sells in quantities of 10, your SOL
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

alright. thanks for pointing me in the right direction shawn.

im not on the 'in' with electronics....one of my weakest points. so i may be back here with more questions for you and lex.
            sigpic

Comment

before you buy it buy an unassembled stim kit and try your hand at assembling it.

small investment to find out what you need to work on before you get too involved in the MS.

it can be a bit of a task if your not used to assembling PCB boards

and make sure to read this over a few times too:

EFI, Fuel Injection, Auto, automotive, car, TPI, computation, ECU, MegaSquirt, GPIO, MicroSquirt, Sequencer, stim, MegaShift, MShift, DIY, transmission, 4L60E, 4L80E, controller, shifter
              Last edited by MD323; 02-21-2011, 09:22 AM.
              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

awesome. i've never done them before..but i gotta buddy who's talented at it. haha.

will definitely be getting that stim kit tho and giving it a shot.

have been reading that assy. page for a few minutes now.
                sigpic

Comment

Shawn has covered most bases here.

The are three learning "stages" to the MS.

1. Assembly of the PCB is you are doing it yourself.
                  2. How to set it up for your particular vehicle. This includes wiring, firmware, and initial calibration setup so the car starts. It is an important step to go through if you're doing all this yourself because you learn how the MS works and how all the sensors and actuators in your car work.
                  3. Tuning. Once you're at this stage having done the previous two, it should be easy and fun

Most importantly remember that the MS is a tool to help you achieve your goal. It is generally not an install and forget it type of thing if you want to get the most out of the experience and your car. If you learn how to use it effectively it will serve you very well.

Comment

thanks lex! will be doin some homework on this as well!

^^ above is exactly why im glad to be on CP! being helped and not getting flamed is amazing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X