most hp with ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most hp with ms

Does anyone knw what's the most horsepower made using the megasquirt and witch one?

Remember the MS is a tool that allows you to calibrate an engine - any engine. So the MS hardware is in no way related to how much power a particular engine can or does output. It is not the same as comparing turbochargers for example because a turbocharger is limited in terms of airflow and airflow is a direct requirement for combustion and therefore horsepower output.

The same MS on the other hand (with different settings) can control a 100hp 4cylinder or a 500hp v8.

The key is to have it setup correctly in your vehicle and most importantly have it tuned for your particular setup.

Comment

That's not a very well stated question..

What chassis? What motor?

Standalones don't MAKE power they allow you to adjust the fuel and spark timing to maximize your engines efficiency.

With that said ill take a blind stab at your question and say that miata BP's see 400 wheel on MS2 based systems. And hppdwn's mx3 V6 turbo made 500 wheel on MS3 and MS3x
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I haven't seen hppdwn around here in a while - is he still on the stock block?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          I haven't seen hppdwn around here in a while - is he still on the stock block?
          Its a stock block with millenia S rods (junkyard) and pistons (I don't remember the brand)

Not a complicated build at all but he reached the end of the fuel systems capacity at that HP, I believe dual pumps was the next step but I don't remeber.
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
          X