MS2E Inverted Spark ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS2E Inverted Spark ??

So the car was running decent, but then started idling like absolute crap.. idk what possessed me to change it over to Inverted spark, but when I did, the car started, idled, revved as if it was on a stock ECU.. perfect..

30 seconds later the ignitor was burning hot and toasted... So Im thinking Inverted spark isnt the way to go.. But why would it run so good with it, but not without it?

Im just getting started, running Lex's N/A BP 230cc msq with the injector values changed to the 360s for now (still need to swap the 460s in)

Any ideas? or anyone have an MSQ I could look @ for basic settings?

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
    So the car was running decent, but then started idling like absolute crap.. idk what possessed me to change it over to Inverted spark, but when I did, the car started, idled, revved as if it was on a stock ECU.. perfect..

30 seconds later the ignitor was burning hot and toasted... So Im thinking Inverted spark isnt the way to go.. But why would it run so good with it, but not without it?

Im just getting started, running Lex's N/A BP 230cc msq with the injector values changed to the 360s for now (still need to swap the 460s in)

Any ideas? or anyone have an MSQ I could look @ for basic settings?
    Tino, setting that to inverted just sets when the ignitor is turned on so leaving on inverted will burn your ignitor up since it is keeping it on for a very long time (a very extended dwell) and it affects your timing.

Did it run fine and then all of a sudden not idle? What happened around the point that it started to idle poorly?

Also did you set your base timing?

Comment

one of the most important features of the megasquirt is the ability to create a log of it running. since people like lex and I can look at it and tell alot about whats going on.

post up a log of it idling for a few minutes as well as the info lex asked for and im sure we can figure it out.
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

It was running fine and then all of a sudden not.. Base timing is set @ 10*

I think I know what I did wrong tho. I was playing with some other MSQs and must have just mixed something up.

I went back to square one again re burned the 230cc MSQ and just changed the Req. Fuel .. now its good .

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
        MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Working...
        X