new fangled injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new fangled injectors

planning on upgrading my inj. on a gtr. should i be looking at those tampon looking injectors?anygood?

Uh, wut? tampon looking? You mean like direct injectors off a new gen car? They aren't back compatible.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I think he's talking about the new-style injectors that places like Deatschwerks and Injector Dynamics sell...
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Whelp, no clue here!
        (goes and looks)
        *wow* those are some linear flow charts that injector dynamics claims! Fancy ass. I wonder what they cost, and how much hassle you'd be into to get em to fit under the fuel rail! Much thicker rail spacers maybe?
        Last edited by jay; 08-05-2011, 04:17 PM.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

link to these injectors?????????? any atomization information??
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What size are you planning on going to?

Comment

i'll vouch for the deutschwerks ones, i've tuned with up to 1200cc injectors from them with their 300+lph fuel pump without issue, idle is downright decent as well, as is part throttle and lift off conditions. Definitely makes E85 a much easier setup to tune

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                Whelp, no clue here!
                (goes and looks)
                *wow* those are some linear flow charts that injector dynamics claims! Fancy ass. I wonder what they cost, and how much hassle you'd be into to get em to fit under the fuel rail! Much thicker rail spacers maybe?
                far as I know both companies sell some that are PNP...
                sigpic

Comment

Theres a few makes out there,some seem to be using a cap adapter that goes over the top of the injector to fit.I plan on 550cc maybe even 650cc.There's talk on miataturbo that the rx7s 550s are not so good.I was planning on using those.These plastic injectors may be the way to go,just was curious as if anyone has used them.

Comment

^^ What have you heard about the rx-7 550cc ones? I have a set and are planning on using them, any information you have would be great?!.

Comment

Not exactly sure but I did read at least three times of people dissing the rx7 550s

Comment

MT is full of haters.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just purchased RX7 550 purple tops... please dont tell me i did wrong.

I agree those guys have their head waay up their a@#!!
                          Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                          99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                          01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

The Deatschwerks and Injector Dynamics injectors use the modern cores that are used in pretty much all OE applications now. They idle much better than barrel core injectors.

WRX injectors use the same style core and can be decapped to flow like 800cc/min or something like that.

Oh......and i've been running RX7 550's for over a year now without one single problem. For the price, you can't beat em. They idle smooth and rev clean.
                            AWD EGT BUILD http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-AWD-EGT-Build

Comment

with a holset i thought u be using 900cc injectors or 1000cc injectors

Comment

Working...
                              X