rpm reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpm reading

i was racing yesterday and i shut down the car while waiting in line. when i went to start it i have no rpm tach on my gauge, it took 15 sec then i got tach reading and the car started. later during the day i did one pass then i when back to wait in line, let the car idle for 3-4 min. when i tried to start it again nothing. no tach reading. my guest its my distributor sensor its gone. but just to make sure. if i got the ms2 signal unplug and i crack the car, i should see my tach on the dash moving right??
    2012 Kia rio
    2009 Nissan Frontier
    1997 chaparral 180LE

Originally posted by scortadict View Post
    i was racing yesterday and i shut down the car while waiting in line. when i went to start it i have no rpm tach on my gauge, it took 15 sec then i got tach reading and the car started. later during the day i did one pass then i when back to wait in line, let the car idle for 3-4 min. when i tried to start it again nothing. no tach reading. my guest its my distributor sensor its gone. but just to make sure. if i got the ms2 signal unplug and i crack the car, i should see my tach on the dash moving right??
    The MS is triggering your spark event. The stock tach actually reads from the negative side of the coil as well - the same place the MS is triggering the spark event. So in other words, there being no tach reading and the car not starting means that the MS is actually not triggering the spark event at the coil.

Start with the basics:

Open megatune/tunerstudio and look to see if the MS is reading the engine RPM while cranking on the gauge. If it is not, there is an issue with the tach input circuit. If the RPM shows something like 100-300 RPM during cranking, the input side is fine but there is an issue with the output circuit that triggers the coil. This includes the igniter and coil itself.

Comment

damn your good!! your are right. there was a problem with the signal. i had problem with my laptop at the track. and the lauch countrol decide to stop working then the no rpm signal. when i connected tunerstudio its told me there was a comunication problem on megasquirt and i needed to cycle the ms. then everything was ok. the car started.
      2012 Kia rio
      2009 Nissan Frontier
      1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Originally posted by scortadict View Post
        damn your good!! your are right. there was a problem with the signal. i had problem with my laptop at the track. and the lauch countrol decide to stop working then the no rpm signal. when i connected tunerstudio its told me there was a comunication problem on megasquirt and i needed to cycle the ms. then everything was ok. the car started.
        Glad it got resolved and you're back up and running!

Comment

Working...
        X