ms2 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms2 help

I have a bp that I have running a vf10/vj20 hybrid and no vaf stock disi rx7 red top injectors an innovate LC1 and MS2 i'm having a really rough idle it feels like it's almost missing. the wideband shows 11-13 at idle but it doesn't feel right and I don't want to drive it when it's this rough. I took down some logs maybe someone can help me figure out what's set up wrong.

what firmware version are you running?

did you set the base timing to 10 degrees according to the instructions?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

also post your MSQ please (file-"save tune as" in tuner studio)

also both of those logs are CSV's are they trigger logs?

datalogs are made from the datalogging menu in TS and saved as MSL's
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

subbin

Comment

I'm running ms2extra 310.

I did time it to be -10 deg but I used the settings in MS to time it with a timing light.

Sorry I gave you the wrong log tomorrow I'll make another and send it to you.

Here's the MSQ: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzn...E93QkZGSG4tMTQ

Comment

ok here is the msl log file.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

ok I just looked at it and it seems like my tune got messed up somewhere so now I used my timing light again and it seems to be ok but now it's revving high and dropping down.

MSQ: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzn...1BfZG1Ya2hyUGs

datalog: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzn...kZaTk5FRE5fZmc

Comment

is your unit a PnP solution from a vendor or a standard DIY MS?

you have noise on the TPS signal as well as the air intake sensor, and your idle settings seem off but know the units origins will help clear some of that up

also depending on where your idle falls on the VE table you want to "lock" it into place by making sure all the surrounding fields have the same values or very close. this alone can cause the idle to hunt.
                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

The unit is a DIY and I run an adapter I made from copying the adapter for one of Lex's old MS1 PnP's. it shouldn't be using the TPS as far as I know. I have no idea why the IAT would be getting a lot of noise.

Do you have any idea what would cause me to get so much noise? do you think that the MS was built poorly?

Comment

if its a DIY unit and your not using TPS you need to ground the TPS signal wire onto one of the MS ground pins. IAT noise can be from where its grounded, does it run all the way back to the MS? also if it runs in close proximity to a high power line like coil wires large power wires ect that can be it too

post pictures of the board too, flux and a few other things can give you issues. did you included the diode when you built the TIP120 idle circuit?
                    -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

the noise on the TPS and IAT lines are causing it to change fueling which can make your idle hunt.

-Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I don't know exactly where the IAT ground would be it's been years since I worked on it but here is a pic.

Comment

your unit does not have the TIP idle mod which is required for our idle valves, the tiny stock transistor will let out the blue smoke trying to control it or not work at all.

mod it like so:
                          -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                          X