No announcement yet.

Feedback for my custom AFC project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you actually started this project, or are you still planing, and sourcing parts.?
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

status on the project so far:

gathering parts: mostly completed. we are still looking for an efficient way to do A to D and D to A conversion, so haven't bought the converters yet. We have the dsiplay, microcontroller, as well as software to program it. We do not have a PCB or a layout yet. Initially everything will be built on breadboards and tested that way.

We are still doing research on the memory requirements of the unit.

programming: we havent gotten into this too deeply yet, we have a skeleton menu system as well as code for button pressing.

timeline: like I said, by the end of february, hoping to have an "almost working" prototype.

Comment

Just as a quick update on how the AFC is coming along:

We have the hardware we need and we have been able to display to the screen and use the buttons to navigate around.

This weekend, we are hoping to have a menu structure working.

We are also scoping out the sensors (sensor ranges) for O2, TPS, RPM, and air flow sensor so we can start on the design of the circuitry that changes the air flow sensor output.

This project is a lot more involved than it seems. A lot of considerations have to be made such as the speed of the system, resolution, and how to deal with extreme cases (such as bliping the throttle). However, considering all these things is part of doing this project from an engineering standpoint, and not from a kid in his basement standpoint. So, in the end, the product will be a lot more safe and reliable.

Sometime in March, we are planning to take her to a dyno and see how well our AFC can tune a car. Hopfully you guys will be impressed and will like to buy some of these units I will keep you posted on further progress

Comment

Update on the AFC

The prototype should be done by the end of this month and it should be installed for in-car testing. Our functional spec document is done - which tells you what the exact features of the unit is.

If I could attach a pdf to here, I would post the document up.

I will continue to keep you guys posted.

Comment

w00t
            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
            Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Does anyone know how I can post a .pdf on here? It would be good for you guys to see the functional spec document because it tells you exactly what our AFC will do with a lot of details.

Comment

you need a server to host it. I'd be very interested, I'd like to see it... email it to me at the very worst. hey look its James at gmail dot com

Comment

pm Marc93lx and ask him if he can host it....marc is a badass...
                  91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.