Intercooler Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intercooler Dimensions

How big can i go for FMIC in a 96 egt? Anyone have any recommendations? Im looking at an ebay cheapy right now but i just thought i'd get some input. Thanks!

ps...all the a/c stuff is removed so i have that room to work with too.
    '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

bust out a tape measure and see.... My guess would be somewhere around 30in wide (dont forget pipes on the ends adds a bit) and then anywhere from 5in to 10 inches tall depending on how far you cut into the crash brace.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

mine is 21" wide, 9" tall, and 3" thick if i could do it over id get 1 that wasnt as tall....but i have unbelievable cooling with that monster FMIC.....Marc93lx has a FMIC about the size of a radiator and abot 3 or 4 inches thick....
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
        mine is 21" wide, 9" tall, and 3" thick if i could do it over id get 1 that wasnt as tall....but i have unbelievable cooling with that monster FMIC.....Marc93lx has a FMIC about the size of a radiator and abot 3 or 4 inches thick....
        Did you have to mod anything to make it fit?
        '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

Yeah, mine turned out way bigger than I thought it was lol. The core size is like 23x11.75x3, but with end tanks it measures 30.5" long at the outlets and I think 26" long at the top. It's a tight fit, and is probly actually too big lol. I would look for something about the size of redfox's.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Mine is *core* 28X6X3 and with the endtanks around 33-34X7X4, This is in an MX-3 with a turbo'd BP, the air cools really nice. I measured a nice difference between pipe temps. The only thing I have a prob right now is with overheating cause I have a leaking hose on the back of the BP . IC is nice thou...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

i've got the budget 6" from johnnyracecar.com

i had to trim the bumper, but who cares :p:
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by mikeflys1
                Did you have to mod anything to make it fit?
                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.